• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E 1E Fiend Folio monsters in 4E Monster Manual!

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Stunjelly FTW!

Did anybody ever update the masher from the original MM? It was one of the original AD&D monsters that never got an illustration. I have a feeling people forgot it was even in the book.

Cheers,
Cam

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Ourph said:
So, does this mean that Necromancer really should start worrying about being able to do a 4e revamp of the Tome of Horrors? Sounds like WotC already has plans for at least some of the IP included in the original ToH. :\

Nope. Not at all :)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Cam Banks said:
Stunjelly FTW!

Did anybody ever update the masher from the original MM? It was one of the original AD&D monsters that never got an illustration. I have a feeling people forgot it was even in the book.

Cheers,
Cam

I dont believe it ever did get updated actually. If so, Ive never seen it (in a WotC book or 3rd party book)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Cam Banks said:
Yes. The masher is in Dungeon #141, p46.

Also, I feel obliged to point out that the githyanki first appeared in White Dwarf #12. Their appearance in the 1981 Fiend Folio was only their third appearance in print.

Quick punt: complete index of all D&D creatures..

eleran

First Post
Am I misremembering or was the Disenchanter from the FF? It was pony sized animal with a proboscus. It sniffed out magic items and when it touched them with its trunk it sucked the magic out of them permanently.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
eleran said:
Am I misremembering or was the Disenchanter from the FF? It was pony sized animal with a proboscus. It sniffed out magic items and when it touched them with its trunk it sucked the magic out of them permanently.

Correct. 1e FF.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads