2 spells: Verdict?

What do you think of the spells?

• Satisfactory

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • They suck (for whatever reason)

Votes: 9 81.8%

Crothian

First Post
Stabilizing is a form of healing. It can be done with the heal skill and anyone can attempt to use the heal skill untrained. No arguement here.

However, stabilizing with a spell is a minor form of magical healing. Clerics heal via magic. Wizards/Sorcerers do not.

Are you saying that stabilizing isn't a form of healing? Healing is more then recovering HP.

Anyone can do mundane healing. Not everyone can do magical healing. Now, if you want to blur that, go ahead. It's already been done in official products.

My personal feelings is healing is already to easy. I think clerics should not be able to spontaiously cast cure spells. But that's another thread.:D

turtle

First Post
It is hard to type out cantonese because it is a tonal language... for example "hou hou, neih neih?" The two hou's sound different and the two neih's sound different... heh... anyway here is the translation...

ngoh hou [very] hou [good], neih [and] neih [you]? sorry [deui m jyuh is cantonese for sorry] ngoh m [un-] wuih [able] gong [speak] portuguese...

Illuminae

First Post
My personal feelings is healing is already to easy. I think clerics should not be able to spontaiously cast cure spells. But that's another thread.

Crothian, my friend...

...dp you consider yourself an... (raises right eyebrow)...

... EVIL DM?

:D

Crothian

First Post
Illuminae said:

Crothian, my friend...

...dp you consider yourself an... (raises right eyebrow)...

... EVIL DM?

:D

No. I'm actually a very fair DM. My number one policy is to work with the PCs to make sure they get to what they want with thei characters.

I've only killed PCs when they do things stupid. And that only happened once (group was out of healing, down to below 50% of HPs, and they attacked a Demon. Actually, they ran from the demon regrouped realized they had nothing , and still decided to attack.)

My problem with healining, is that damage has no real consuequences. People will get themselves injuried knowing that the cleric can heal them fully. I find that too video game like.

Illuminae

First Post
I agree with you

My problem with healining, is that damage has no real consuequences. People will get themselves injuried knowing that the cleric can heal them fully. I find that too video game like.

thats far more common than we discuss on these boards (and thats a good topic)

As a player and DM I get a little sad to see that almost all of the people I know who game never roleplay their characters´senses of pain and fear and whatnot.

I alwas try to imagine and do that.

Ok we can get healed , but it still hurts, you know?

We just have to picture the character Sean Connery played in Highlander, who died many times to as he tried to escape from a desert...not quite pleasant, I imagine.

Remove ads