2 Years of Eric Noah + 8 Years of Morrus = 10 years of EN World!

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hey! A few months ago I pointed out that our community was reaching a major milestone. And then, uh, I completely forgot to follow up. Oopsie!

http://www.enworld.org/forum/meta/255189-10-years-enw.html

Ten years ago this month, I started the Eric Noah's Unofficial D&D Third Edition News website and began gathering clues and tidbits about the then-upcoming new edition of D&D. Six months in, I opened our first forums and the community that had rubbed shoulders on WotC's newsgroups and via e-mail finally had a place to get to know each other. Two years after I started, I passed the torch and the forum community over to Russ and his EN World, a site he developed first for creating a campaign setting and for hosting reviews of d20 system products (and running a chatroom based fan award ceremony called The ENnies).

Now, here we are, a decade later, a whole edition of D&D later. A lot has changed. There were times when I thought the end had come. There was a time when Russ hit financial times so tough he would have shut the doors - but you folks donated something close to $20,000 over the course of a few weeks to keep this place alive. There were also times when I thought the community's reaction to a new edition would create a rift in the community so deep it would never be whole again.

It is so gratifying to see this place - still here, still growing and thriving, with so many folks who were around right from the start still leading by example and showing everyone what Grandma's Rule is about. Thank you, Russ, for taking what I started to a whole new level and doing it so well for so long. And thank you, everyone, for being part of this community.

31988688_2908c36242.jpg

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Thank you very much. Having been along for the ride, I can say that this site in its incarnations has become a central point for my staying in touch with the DnD community.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's amazing! It doesn't feel like 10 years at all. I'm a whole decade older than I was when I first stumbled across Eric's site!

It's been a blast, though. It's had its ups and downs; there have been times when I've felt it's not worth it, and other times when I've realised just why it really is worth is. I've made dozens of friends (although I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like). And, I'm pleased to report, I've been playing D&D every week for the whole of that time (and many years before it).

We should certainly mark the event somehow. A brand new logo which mentions the 10 years would be cool, I think!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases