• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

200 Pages of NPCs For 5E, Pathfinder, or S&W

If you want 200 pages of NPCs for your game - and by game, I mean D&D 5E, Pathfinder, or Swords & Wizardry - Nord Games looks like it has you covered. Ultimate NPCs has NPCs galore at levels 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20. It's a Kickstarter, already funded, and they've kindly sent me along a couple of pages from the book to share with you. I had the choice of 5E, Pathfinder, or S&W, and figured 5E would gather the most attention, but if you're a fan of those other two awesome games, just imagine these with suitable stat blocks. Anyhow, on with the preview! This is Jana, a gladiator, at levels 1 and 4.

If you want 200 pages of NPCs for your game - and by game, I mean D&D 5E, Pathfinder, or Swords & Wizardry - Nord Games looks like it has you covered. Ultimate NPCs has NPCs galore at levels 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20. It's a Kickstarter, already funded, and they've kindly sent me along a couple of pages from the book to share with you. I had the choice of 5E, Pathfinder, or S&W, and figured 5E would gather the most attention, but if you're a fan of those other two awesome games, just imagine these with suitable stat blocks. Anyhow, on with the preview! This is Jana, a gladiator, at levels 1 and 4.

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 22.18.37.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 22.18.59.png

So what else is there to know about this Kickstarter? It's being spearheaded by Christopher Haskins from Frog God Games. You get a PDF for $15, or a softcover for $25. Or you can go up to $40 for a hardcover. There's a whole bunch of stretch goals - guilds, generic NPCs, brigands, ruffians, assassins, and more - many of which are already unlocked. The book and art is done - it's just production left to do. There's also add-ons like cards.

Those 200 pages include 30 unique characters at level 1 then leveled up to 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20, for a total of 180 NPCs, plus the more generic NPCs of which there will likely be about 30 to make small groups of ruffians, bandits, thieves, etc.

5c964f66e5943523dd0bff98d7d6add9_original.jpg

Nord Games

Villager
The writers on this book are myself (Chris Haskins) and Ralph Stickley. I have been a dungeon master for over 15 years and have been running 5e since it was in beta. I am also a published science fiction writer. Ralph is an actor, voice actor, writer, and graphic designer. Together we've written a ton of content for this book and we're still adding content as the backers achieve the various stretch goals.

My credits in the RPG industry are CEO and lead designer of all Nord Games products and games. Most recently we published Steampunked time machine and RPG Bookmarks. In the world of Frog God Games I'm the Marketing Manager and have been so since the end of 2013.

Ralph and I created all of the character stat blocks in 5e and they were converted by a couple Paizo freelancers to Pathfinder.

I have been working in the world of graphic design since 2000 and published many print materials. This is our first book as Nord Games but with mentors like Frog God Games and Kobold press, we have good direction.

The stat block size hasn't changed the page count or even raised an issue with blank space between the 5e and Pathfinder versions of the book.

Thanks for the questions. Ralph and I hope that everyone who's interested in adding some excellent NPCs to their game check out our project!

Happy Gaming!

-Chris

Remove ads

Remove ads