2007 Razzie Nominations

Relique du Madde said:
They really need a catagory for "The Worst Product Placement Offender" because I'm thinking Apple would be a contender for that award considering that every pc that appears in a movie seems to be an iMac.
Hehe. So that's why I bought an Apple last year! Damn you, filthy product placement!

Looks like Eddie Murphy is practically guarenteed a Razzie this year, as he's nominated in pretty much every frakin' category.

And looking through the list, I can proudly say the only one on that list I have seen is PotC: AWE. As for Orlando Bloom getting nominated... I thought he did pretty well with what little he had given how much of the screen Johnny Depp and Geoffery Rush ate up (ye gods that was a lot of ham). Correction: Also saw Transformers, but that only got one mention for a supporting actor, and missed on the first couple read-thrus.

Can we say "press conference", people? Just like the Golden Globes and what the Oscars are threatening to become...
Isn't that what the Razzie's have been since their inception? I remember seeing a snippet where Tom Greene surprised quite a few folks by actually showing up (and bringing his own red carpet to boot) to accept his Razzie for one of his celluloid debacles.

Last edited:

Vocenoctum

First Post
I can understand Good Luck Chuck wasn't top quality, but Alba was fine in it, Cook was bland and the supporting guy horrid. I mostly enjoyed it anyway.

Chuck & Larry also, not too bad. Epic Movie was much worse than both, IMO.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Reveille said:
What can I say, I'm a die hard Eddie Murphy fan.
I've always been a fan of Eddie Murphy, but some of his movie selections (lately) don't appeal to me. He spends to much time acting in a fat suit. :\

Knightfall1972 said:
I've always been a fan of Eddie Murphy, but some of his movie selections (lately) don't appeal to me. He spends to much time acting in a fat suit. :\
My recent problem with Eddie Murphy of late is that he seems much too focused on doing kid/family-friendly movies of late. Now his stuff as Donkey in the first two Shrek movies (haven't seen the third one yet) I really liked, but from Dr. Doolittle/Nutty Professor onward I can't really stand.

What makes it even worse is I know the man can deliver the funny (or at least he could back in the 80's), but he's just gotten far too tame these days.

Thanee

First Post
GrayLinnorm said:
Why do they feel it necessary to give Lindsay Lohan two Worst Actress nominations when other actors get one nomination for multiple films? (At least Murphy's multiple acting nominations are in separate categories).

Well, maybe because they take themselves not entirely serious there? ;)

Listing Eddie Murphy as 'Actress', even though his role was female, also seems a little wrong. ;)

Anyways, if some of those movies have been the worst of last year, we must have had one hell of a movie year! :D

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads