2020 (mini's) hobbystreak

Kris

Adventurer
@Baron Opal II Yeah, they are really nice models. However, I think the normal GamesWorkshop price is a bit excessive (£25 I think) - but getting them with this one-off magazine was a steal :)

Kris

Adventurer
OK ...I'm still just about managing to keep the #HobbyStreak going and here's what I managed to get finished this week...

dhHLWSy.jpg

From left to right:
  • Two (plastic/multi-part) skeletons from Warlord Games (formerly available from Wargames Factory).
  • Another GW 'chainrasp' model.
  • Another of the WG/WF skeletons - this time modified to be a 'fossil skeleton' from Barrowmaze.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Those look amazing. Do you airbrush them? Mine look so amateurish lol. I pretty much stick to washes and dry brushing. Never used an airbrush, and I’ve never used the technique Dr Faust uses by watering down and mixing the paint into layers (I have mostly pots and not droppers)

Kris

Adventurer
Usually my mini's look a bit better in person than they do in the photo's ...but in this instance it's the opposite, as the skeletons on the left look a bit better in the photo than they do IRL (go figure :unsure: ).

But they're just painted in the normal fashion (with regular paints/washes and a brush - the thought of using an airbrush scares me a little - like you, I've never used one). They are nice models though ...but they are a bit of a pain in the @$$ to assemble.

Len

Prodigal Member
However, I think the normal GamesWorkshop price is a bit excessive
Their Warhammer Underworlds boxes are a good deal. Unfortunately they seem to have discontinued the "Sepulchral Guard" which was an excellent box of skellies.

tommybahama

Adventurer
  • Another of the WG/WF skeletons - this time modified to be a 'fossil skeleton' from Barrowmaze.

Man, you just cost me $50. :p I did a search for Barrowmaze miniatures and came up with this website:

Otherworld Miniatures

I bought a bunch of stuff on sale. Pig faced orcs, a few bosses, a dryad, a nymph, a slime and a mold. Yes, I have an addiction and I'm out of control! :eek:

Remove ads