2020 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - Privateer Press Minis Painted up as Sahuagin

And here I am, using the minis I have find, 4E-era map tiles, and wet-erase chessex mats with tile-constructed areas for important rooms that have to look nice...
That's what I do, and that looks pretty nice too. While I really do admire some of the folks on this board that go to such lengths to create beautiful scenery for their campaigns... I'm glad that there are simple alternatives such as dungeon tiles, for folks like me. I wouldn't know where to store it all if I also had miniature terrain.

tommybahama

Adventurer
I’ve had more time myself to paint and have completed 11 minis so far in 2020. I use Pogre’s threads each year to get back to painting to try new techniques.
11?!? Wowsers!

I've just started painting for the first time in over 20 years thanks to Pogre's inspiration. I was never any good and all the YouTube guides haven't helped my technique. :cry:. I may just stick with washes and dry brushing because layering and blending is beyond my skill. I'm on my fourth mini for 2020.

EthanSental

Adventurer
I’m like Tommy Bahama, base coat, wash, highllights and say it’s finished.

I’m in awe of seeing these minis posted in his yearly threads and the guys on YouTube like dr Faust that I watch for some ideas to try....but rarely do.

Keep ‘em coming, fun seeing how they turn out.

Last edited:

tommybahama

Adventurer
I like the base for the flying carpet. It looks like stars in the night sky. How did you achieve it? Really nice job all around.

COMING SOON: 5 Plug-In Settlements for your 5E Game

Advertisement2

Advertisement4