D&D 5E 2020 Release Speculation Thread

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I think they've said a couple times now on their streams that a psion-specific class is at best on stasis... if we are truly getting a planes/dark sun book soon-ish, it doesn't look like the class will be in it.

I think part of the issue here is that their attempt at a class, Mystic, was likely worse reviewed than these subclasses are, and I'm sensing that each iteration of the subclasses is getting better support, so they're moving farther from revisiting a class.
The Mystic was a mess, but they should try again with a slightly different idea. The Mystic was overcomplicated, broken, overpowered, and overall a mess. I want a Psion class, but I don't want it to be the Mystic. These subclasses are not a good solution for psionics overall, IMHO. They probably will have more support, but I don't think they'll have enough.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
The Mystic was a mess, but they should try again with a slightly different idea. The Mystic was overcomplicated, broken, overpowered, and overall a mess. I want a Psion class, but I don't want it to be the Mystic. These subclasses are not a good solution for psionics overall, IMHO. They probably will have more support, but I don't think they'll have enough.

Agree to disagree I suppose.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Yes, obviously differing Psionic opinions are not going to be changed by the opposite opinion. I just think the need to find a compromise between this version of psionics and the Mystic.

I don't mind having both options available. I allow UA material at my table so it technically already is, as players can be a Mystic if they want to be.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I don't mind having both options available. I allow UA material at my table so it technically already is, as players can be a Mystic if they want to be.
I personally don't allow UA, especially the Mystic due to how broken it is, and how broken most UA are. It isn't an option at my table, and at most tables, so I would prefer if they made a new class.

Now that we have seen the Icewind Dale announcement, but nothing else teased at all, except for the vague comments in their diversity announcement, it is time to bump this back to the top and get speculating again. :)

Remove ads