24 - 4e style

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Standard: Administer potion. <- note if this doesn't work because he and Leyra have no healing surges left then I call a do over so I can not run in suicidally.

[sblock]
No more healing surge left.

Dagran will need an heal check because he is dying so it's a good thing to get near.

Dagran's death save (1d20=19)

But since he has yet to fail a death check, it can wait a bit so Mirage will move to the same spot but blast the monk and the minion instead.

DM,CU (1d20+10=28, 1d20+10=18, 1d6+7=8) both hit
[/sblock]

The monk near the wall is confused by the disapparition of Barrion. Seeing Mirage jump down and attack his friend, though, he tries to follow the mage. As soon as he drops his guard, his het gets the warlock.s balde through the throat and falls dead.

OA vs AC 22 (1d20+13=22, 1d8+1d6+5=12) Almost exactly what was needed!

The other monk takes notice of Mirage but decide to finish the rogue first. He charges the halfling and batters him badly. He feels his Queen's embrace.
charge vs AC 22 (1d20+13=32, 1d8+4=11)

Barrion, after slaying the previous monk, used his pact boon to teleport behind the north west pillar.
Stealth vs perception 20 (1d20+9=12)

He then moves away from cover and strike with his fey gaze on the monk...

vs will 18 (1d20+9=29, 2d6+6=12) crit, 18 + 2d6, monk has 19, he dies.

...and he melts his brain.

[sblock]This is a common phenemenon in my experience. When I DM a PC whose player is absent, he rocks. He rolls through the roof. This started when I was 15, back in AD&D where a fighter with an archer 'kit' would roll insane damage when the player was absent and would instead fumble and hit his friends in the back when the player was present. This tradition is alive and well today looking at Barrion's performance from the moment shaggyspellsword stopped posting.

;)
[/sblock]

As soon as the last monk falls, the survivors attend to the fallen.

Garrick's death save, Barrion Heal vs DC 15 (1d20=17, 1d20+2=13) save succeeded, heal failed

Dagran's save, Mirage's heal vs DC 15 (1d20=19, 1d20+4=20) Dagran stable, Mirage moves over to Garrick

Garrick save, Barrion aid Mirage (DC10), Mirage heal check (DC15) (1d20=3, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+4=18) Garrick stable. Or. Hum. You know... they just give garrick a potion since he has healing surge left (silly me :eek: )

Victory!

Leyra : -1/49, [0] second wind spent, Stable
Nathan : 27 /66 [4] AP spent, bloodied, second wind spent
Barrion : 41 + 5 /56 [3] AP spent, hidden from DM2
Garrick : -6 / 52 [2] dying
Mirage : 49/49 [6]
Dagran : -1 / 66 [0] dying (0 save failed)

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-"You did it! You did it! I thought you were goner for sure, I must say, but you did it! Wow. The clean up crew is almost there, guys. Hang on. Wow. We're uncorking anything that has alcohol over here!"

Shalya, AKA control one, sounds almost delirious with relief and you can actually hear cheering in the background. Well, everyone is alive, if barely, the barrage is standing, the gray death is contained and no Balor is devasting the country side. Yep. A good day of work.

[sblock]I didn't annoy you (or myself) with constant update from the communication crystal, but remember that the reason your PCs knew the stats of the monsters is that she kept feeding you field report for the entire duration.[/sblock]

A few hours later, the battered heroes are back at HQ, bandaged and bruised but alive. The debriefing was a formality and Karath breezed through it.

-"Agents, the operation is to remain a secret. But within SCU, your exploit on this day are already legendary. No junior agents have ever gone so far beyond the call of duty. I see a bright future for you if you stick to it. No more anti-smuggling gigs for you! Only grown up stuff." the dragonborn says with fatherly pride.

Last edited:

Remove ads