24 years!

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
The first website was born on this day in 1990.
ENWorld is basically 2/3rds the age of the internet.

Or in another perspective, ENWorld is 8 times as old as the average blog (3 years)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The first website was born on this day in 1990.
ENWorld is basically 2/3rds the age of the internet.

Or in another perspective, ENWorld is 8 times as old as the average blog (3 years)
There was no Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube. The words 'social media' didn't exist. There were no iPhones. Most people had dialup. We used Yahoo search, not Google. Napster was a thing. It took a day to download the Phantom Menace trailer. I think I played Homeworld. Google+ came and went. Twitter probably will, too. We might not predate the actual internet, but we predate the thing we know as the internet, and outlasted a lot of things. Mainly... just by doing the work every day.

Bigger things than us come and go, but we're steady.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Started my account May 2002, but I was a lurker for a while before then mostly getting in on the 3e rumor mill. Learned to keep my posts safe for Eric’s grandma.

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
Joining the choir of praise here... I've been variously lurking and posting on these forums (with at least one other user account lost to time) since the early days of 3E... with so much having changed in the meantime, it's great that some things stay more or less the same! (y) :)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I find it crazy that I've been here for over 8 years and I still feel like a new kid on the block.

I love the history in this board, the old conversations with Gary Gygax, news and discussions of past editions...ENWorld is a real treasure to the hobby.

Remove ads