D&D 2E [2e] Monster Mythology Update Project

gyor

Legend
Scaly one Gods you missed are Sss'thasine'ss (reptile aspect of Talona), Varae, M'daess, World Serpent, Zehir, Set (Were snakes), Sebek (Werecrocodiles), and Dendar.

AuldDragon

Explorer
Scaly one Gods you missed are Sss'thasine'ss (reptile aspect of Talona), Varae, M'daess, World Serpent, Zehir, Set (Were snakes), Sebek (Werecrocodiles), and Dendar.

As this project is written for 2nd Edition, and at the point of 2nd Edition canon, some of those entities are outside the scope of the project. Specifically, Sss'thasine'ss, M'daess, the World Serpent, and Zehir are all from later editions. Varae is an aspect of Sseth, who is covered in Powers & Pantheons, and Dendar is a unique non-divine entity. Finally Set and Sobek are Egyptian deities, not strictly reptilian deities (and Set historically was associated with mostly mammals anyway). Thanks for the suggestions, though! :)

Jeff

Last edited:

AuldDragon

Explorer
Remnis, the Great Lord of the Eagles

Flying through the skies of the upper planes is Remnis, the Great Lord of the Eagles. He is said to be the ultimate aerial hunter, and with his great eyesight, he spies out secrets throughout the planes. He perches on the heights of Mount Celestia and in the boughs of the World Tree Yggdrasil, awaiting the call to service.

Jeff

AuldDragon

Explorer
Blibdoolpoolp the Sea Mother

Nearly insane, Blibdoolpoolp the Sea Mother is patron of the declining subterranean race of kuo-toa. She hates humanity for the ancient wars that drove her race underground, and is well pleased when her followers sacrifice them to her. She is rumored to know great secrets of ancient magics, but in her insanity, she shares them with no one.

Jeff

dave2008

Legend
Nearly insane, Blibdoolpoolp the Sea Mother is patron of the declining subterranean race of kuo-toa. She hates humanity for the ancient wars that drove her race underground, and is well pleased when her followers sacrifice them to her. She is rumored to know great secrets of ancient magics, but in her insanity, she shares them with no one.

Jeff

i;ve always been fascinated by this lobster headed god since I first got the 1e Deities and Demigods . Your entry is a wee bit more in depth - thank you for sharing!

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
Yes - since D2 this god has been used by me. Kuo-Toa are just so alien and their goddess helps drive that point home. For me, I find their madness much more 'natural' then the derro...Great job AuldDragon!

AuldDragon

Explorer
Merrshaulk the Serpent Lord

While still powerful, the somnolent Merrshaulk the Serpent Lord is in a slow decline. His chosen followers are the insidious yuan-ti, who lurk in ruins of ancient cities, either remnants of their own past or the remains of places they corrupted and destroyed. His lack of direct attention to his followers has led to a usurpation of his power by other deities on more than one world, however.

Jeff

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases