D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Balor damage?

BryonD

Hero
Yes it should be 13.

I believe I heard something to the effect that this was accidently not updated when the Balor's STR was increased. (If I recall correctly)

gtJormungand

First Post
As it's only a large longsword, I would think that he's only holding it in only one hand.

EDIT - maybe i should have looked at that at little closer...

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
They changed the Balor's strength from 3E but didn't update all the damage values dependent on it.

Correct values below, I hope:

BALOR

Attack: +1 vorpal longsword +33 melee (2d6+13/19–20)
Full Attack: +1 vorpal longsword +31/+26/+21/+16 melee (2d6+13/19–20) and +1 flaming whip +30/+25 melee (1d4+7 plus 1d6 fire plus entangle); or 2 slams +31 melee (1d10+12)

Cheers!

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Doubt it.

There's a huge range of difficulty included in CR20; the Balor's spell-like abilities and vorpal sword overwhelm its minor damage irregularities. ;)

Cheers!

paulewaug

So do you feel that changing the Vorpal Sword to another kind of magic sword of equal value would throw off the CR a little?

I feel that it would add some character to have Balor's with a variety of weapons.

Valiantheart

First Post
I always make it either flaming or shocking in addition to the vorpal effect. It is supposed to be a lightning bolt or made of flame after all.

Olive

Explorer
paulewaug said:
So do you feel that changing the Vorpal Sword to another kind of magic sword of equal value would throw off the CR a little?

I feel that it would add some character to have Balor's with a variety of weapons.

Just make sure the weapon has the same total value, and it should be ok. So in this case, a total of +6. Make it a +5 keen weapon. Or +4 human bane or somethign similar.

Remove ads