[3.5] Champions of Bloodscale Clan

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Your party set forth from Bloodscale territory a sennight ago, and for the past two days you have been climbing higher into the mountains. Last night was spent in a ruined tower -- once the stronghold of a too confident human baron. As the sun sets, turning the western sky from rose pink to pearl gray, you gather your personal gear. Now climbing the steep slope to the north of the ruined tower, you wind your way through a dense growth of trees and undergrowth. There, across a field and beyond a rocky rise, you see a strange portal amidst several large rocks.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Daragix hisses from the light of the setting sun. The dragon kobold points at the distant portal with the tip of his spear.

"That must be the cave Clanlord Gnomeslicer spoke of. It will be good to put my spear to use."

The large kobold starts to head for the field, to make his way across it.

(( Edit OOC: Thanks. Never tried it before...))

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
"Yes, that looks like the portal he spoke of. I will scout it out a moment." Zaryz replies, looking up at the distant portal through the visor of his helm. Folds of steel layered over the lean dragon kobold's frame, stylized with etching and angular edges to resemble large overlapping scales.

A morningstar hangs across his back, looking like it has rarely seen use, shinier than the armor. He carries a tower shield on his left arm, and wears a dark cloak over his back, complete with hood, not that he needs it right now. A single leather pouch, made from tanned gnomeskin of course, hangs from his belt and a similar pack lies under the cloak.

As he stares off into the distance, a deep, low hummmm throbs in the air around him for a few seconds, and his red eyes flash with light for a moment. He stands still for a few seconds afterward in a trance, slitted eyes rolled up into his head. Then he shakes it off and glances around himself again.

(ooc: use quotes around the color name. Zaryz manifests Clairvoyant Sense centered just behind the portal in the distance, to see inside. What's he see and hear there?)

Last edited:

In stark contrast to the larger Zaryz, Krixle's equiptment seems spartan and weathered. The only metal comes from the cropped suit of chainmail he found while traveling. Nonetheless, he quickly moves parallel to Daragix, a feral gleam lighting his eyes at the prospect of battle.

"Now I get to see these strange plant-kobolds?"

[sblock=OOC:] not sure if this works, but I figure Krixle will use plant-kobold instead of plant-men. Meh, even if its not right, his int is 8...[/sblock]

hellrazor111

First Post
"At last we reach our destination." sighs Aurix, seeing the entrance. This large kobolt has a suprisingly skinny frame. His golden eyes looking out from under a hooded cloak, and his backpack looks more like a deformity resting under it.

He leans against his spear, the shaft looking black in the failing light. He looks around the clearing, weary of any traps that may be waiting for them before following Krixle.

OOC:Spot check 1d20+6=12

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Daragix keeps walking, using his shortspear like a walking stick or cane. He doesn't pay much attention to Krixle, his eyes focused on the destination now.

The dragon kobold towers, both in heaight and breadth, over the little whiptail, his silvery shirt of chain links glinting in the rays of the setting sun. Though well-maintained, it has obviously been well-worn and seems to have saved Daragix from many a blow. The same goes for his shield, which is painted with a symbol of Kurtulmak. His black scales can be seen beneath the light armor, and an occasional hint of red edging in places peeks through as well. His black-blue eyes are almost preturnaturally calm.

"If we don't see the plants-things, we don't spear them. And I want to spear them."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
[sblock=Zaryz's Vision]
A strange sight floods Zaryz's mind. Just behind the portal is a metal-walled chamber about 20-feet square. The southern wall -- the one in which the portal is set -- is slightly concave. Straight ahead from the portal, the square chamber opens into a large space. At the limits of Zaryz's darkvision, perhaps in the center of the larger space, is what appears to be a circular pit in the floor. Curved walls flank this pit on the east and west, each surrounding opposite thirds of the round hole in the floor.
[/sblock]

No sign of danger presents itself. While Zaryz has his vision and the others study the terrain, the strange portal amid the rocks silently and quickly opens by sliding to the left, apparently moving inside the wall into which it is set. The last of the sun's rays have slipped behind the mountains, giving way to the comfortable darkness of night.

Arkhandus

First Post
Zaryz awakens from his trance and follows the overeager Champions. He says "There is a room of metal behind that portal, with a pit. Possibly a tunnel or mine shaft. I sense nothing else near the entrance."

ooc: Does he see anyone opening the portal when that happens? Or does it just appear to open on its own?

"I'll look ahead" Krixle runs the rest of the way to the tunnel, remaining alert for traps and other hazards that could kill an unsuspecting kobold, "Just leave it to Krixle"

Remove ads