D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Charge Problems [restarted - got too far off-topic]

Nail

First Post
AGGEMAM said:

So ?

Changing your attitude is not something you can do when it's not your turn :D

Very well.... :p

Upon entering combat, all players should immediately declare that they now are "hostile" toward their travelling companions.

PC#1: "What sort of $%#*!$#!! did you guys get me into this time? I hate you all!"

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
AGGEMAM said:
Please note that you cannot even treat your friend as an opponent. It says a 'friendly character' which is a D&D term for someone with a friendly attitude towards you.
Here are some points of contention I have with this conclusion.
1) Characters attitudes are not governed in the same manner as NPC attitudes are.
2) Since characters do not use the NPC attitude scale no PC will ever have a friendly attitude.
3) If characters attitudes were portrayed on the NPC attitude scale their attitudes would more than likely be Helpful rather than Friendly making them Helpful Characters.
4) What does character mean? Does it mean a PC, PC or NPC (what is an non-player character exatcly?), or any creature? How does one decide which possible meaning to use?
5) If character means a player character then the rule would only apply to player characters. Player characters however can not have a "Friendly" attitude so the rule would not apply to them anyway.
6) So perhaps they meant for us to interpret the rule this way, where the two parts friendly and character exclude each other (creatures can be friendly but can not be characters and characters can't not be friendly). If that is true then this provision does not exist for all practical extents and purposes.
7) Or maybe they meant friendly character as another way of saying ally. AFAIK you can treat your allies as opponents if you chose with out having to change their attitude first.

Remove ads