[3.5] Destroy Lorwyn! (Evil Campaign) (Recruiting)

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Affirmative.

Edit: Just found out, after checking "Book of Vile Darkness" and magic item creation rules, that my demonling have wrong things with his sacrificial dagger. It can't be +10 enchancement bonus to skill for 1000 gp. It would cost 10,000 gp. For sum he scratched from the bottom of his coffin, and stolen from people, at best he'll get Karras Sacrifcial Knife (250 gp, +1 Profane bonus to Sacrifices) enchanted +3 enchancement bonus to Religion checks. Apologies to DM, and question if I can have such item ? I followed all rules from DMG, but You said that You need to ok customised stuff.

Last edited:

DuskDrake

First Post
I'm sorry for the delay, I've just been swamped with work and a law school entrance test is tommorrow. The first post is always the longest.

I promise to get the threads up over the weekend.

Rainmar

First Post
Good Luck with entrance exam!

And here is remake of Esme's backstory:

In the desert city of Sullazadar was living a young thief. Hearing tales of magical lamps, flying carpets and hot princesses, he set off on a journey to desert sand, hoping to find great fortune. However he found not what he have seek. He entered a great pyramide and...somehow made it safely into the great chamber where he took some treasures from. After some time passed, a bony hand rose from opened sarcophagus.

He's deed have sealed the fate of all the city. The very next day, the city have lied in ruins, no soul present on its demolished streets. The undead army have striken fast and without warning. The walls and gates have been brought down by towering giants made from bone and bronze, opening a way for a army of charriots with gold-laced wheels. Quickly, undead have reigned supreme on streets. Fraightened people have gathered in temples of their god, squealing for help. In one of them, there even was a faithful priest who hold out a attack of undead. But his fate couldnt be changed. From the shadows came a entity so dreadful that many of people there has died on his mere sight. Clothed as king and holding Khopesh of great size he lifted his bony hand. The ground under priest's feet exploded, revealing a shifting mass of scarabs which devoured him in a blink of the eye. Soon, the whole city has become not a battleground but a slaughter house. The only place where rezistance was put up was Sultan's Palace. Sultan and his royal guard were fighting their best, many undead have fallen under their tulwars, but they were loosing spirit. Sultan himslef had tears in his eyes, as he hold his dying daughter in one hand and swinging his tulwar in second. She was dying. A stray arrow got her chest and now even the bandages could not stop her extensive bleeding. At least, he thought, her painfull life will cease.

She was born with unknown disability, yet no disease or poisioning. Everthing has started as she fell first time ill, and Sultan's Vizijer has tried to cure her with his divine magic. Her screams have echoed long in Palace's corridors. From that time Sultan has tried everyting but nothing could cure the princess. Any kind of healing magic was painfull and even deadly if powerful enough. Many has whispered behind Sultan's back that it's a curse send by the gods, and she should be put to death immediately. Sultan, as loving father as he is, did not even thought of such thing. Princess has lived 8 years now, her 'disease' made her body frail...just as those glances given her by the rest of the city made her mind dark and without any light of hapiness. And now, she will rest, thought Sultan.

He brought his tulwar down, almoust breaking a charging skeleton in half. Just as he was to face another, they ceased to attack and backed off. A lone figure has come from the crowd of undead. Tall, clothed in tattered yet speaking of great staus robes. His eyeless gaze meet Sultans eyes and he could felt his body freezing. He saw as mumified skeleton brought his hand up and spoken "Impressive, but futile". He spread up his arms and tossed his head backwards. With a shriek he gave, red lightnings arced towards all directions from his bony body. Some men exploded instantly, another just fell on the ground as life was snuffed out of them. Sultan could feel as his own life makes place for death in his body. He felt on the ground and while dying he saw...his daughter...standing! He saw as she reached to her chest and tore off bandages...injuries were gone! Her eyes fully open, she gazed the bony figure. The monstrosity looked at her and with something resembling smirk it tossed his hand outward, sending many red lightnings towards her. She was hit...and stood as nothing happened. With that Sultan has closed his eyes, thanking gods for saving his daughter...he couldnt be more wrong.

The Lich was troubled. Not single but twice this girl has felt the wrath of his power which could snuff out life from many full grown men. And yet she didnt fell. He came closer to her and reached his hand. She was light and with ease he brought her up. There they stood for some time, red lightings arcing between them. Lich was growing frustrated...just as interested. He...liked that red eyes, which seemed to consume even more of negative energy he sent towards her. Also he could fell it going back to him, as he hold her by throat. But he knew it was her own. He let her down and asked "Your name girl?". She looked up at him and said "Esmeralda". Lich gave off a stange sounds which might have been laugh and said "No, it's Nefrekhara".

Ok, sorry for this ridiculous length but I felt quite inspired.;)

Later that Lich has conducted some experiments on her, which didnt go wrong and didnt have any 'too bad' after effects. Her power grow under his 'tutelage' and his mere presence making girl develop even more affinity for negative energy. After some time, when she got his attention(after sitting three straight days in front of him, waiting for him to notice her) he started to educate her in ancient languages and culture of long dead Desert Kings. He revealed some secrets to her and made her 'bringing up' his main object of research(after millenia of being lich there is little of things that might caught your interest). And now he sends her to Chandra's army, wondering how she will manage and curious if she migh live up to a name he gave her.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Holy Elephant !

Nice thing out there, Rainmar. Does Your lil' princess wishes to ressurect Desert King's kingdom with her as founder of new Dynasty ?

I can foresee that all paladins will strongly disagree with her. And Lorwyn seems like place where we could make conquest for ourselves, instead of the distant Council. Unless Chandra is stupidly loyal, that is ... for it will force my demonling to act ... more discreete.

Okay, Your performance fellow players inspired me to give it more thought and create more of a backstory than just :"Evil wizard summoned me as fammiliar and mistreated me so I betrayed him to other fiend he tried to summon and bind, namely Chandra, and started working for her."

But let's Skoll talk for himself: "I'm just a ... quasit, it doesn't make much of research to find out. Spirits are waried and in all shapes and sizes, and I were alvays the curious one. Since first I had opened my eyes on the Material plane conjured by elder wizard to serve his appertince. Old man was cunning and uncompromising ... I hated him right away but he was too powerful so I watched with delight as time was wearing him down and how his confidience was shattering as his youth spell research was proving to be futile. My so called master, more suited to broom and bucket than learning how to think, was busy drinking beer and spending his allowance on sweets. Of course whenever he thought I'm near he bossed me around to impress peasants he drank with. It was easy to pin point him that learning isn't suited to somone as him, and he experimented with other stuff. Fortune favors cretins, it seems, as one ritual I reminded him of didn't kill him ... but gave him power. A trickle at first, but his master ... after a brief and heated debate with his wayward student, found exercises that helped my ... master to slowly increase his power. He even began leaking it, for girls and people seemed to be impressed with his moronic ramblings. Of course he had to shape his power into something useful, as his tutor hammered into his stupid head, but didn't bothered much beyond some trivialities and show offs. I fed his evergrowing ego with pointless flattery and fake devotion, hoping that this idiot will get himself killed one day. All the time I did my best to learn what the old wizard tried to pass to this moron, my master, of course to better help my master in pretending to be learning. To my regret my master developed quickly when it come to finding ways to indulge himself. Cretin created telepathic bond with me, and forced me to be his brain during ability tests ... fortunately after a year of enduring his ego even im my mind he died.

How it came to be ?

Let me tell You a story about old wizard, desperate to live longer, a wizened witch living near the lake, bumbling idiot of my master and a maiden who liked bunnies. It started with me bearing packages to and from the witch herself. She looked so young, yet her eyes were as old as those of my master's tutor. She didn't believed my first alternate form, copied from my master when I first saw him. Now it was long seven years down the road ... and knowing his master is already over sixty I had long time to consider some way of getting rid of him.
Anyway when my master discovered opposite sex, I was already aware of better magicians and subtler ways of dealing with the likes of him. I liked talking to the witch, who seemed slightly envious of me for demons don't age as mortals do. I enjoyed every moment of this, since she seemed more open to share opinions and knowledge than my master's tutor. Even if her research methods seemed lacking ... and I had discovered that she harbored some other person secretly.
Sometimes I shared with her insights about my master ... especially his first tries to impress chicks. Witch had a lot of laugh from it. And not so long after I did found her secret ... it was young maiden, several years younger than my master, a sheltered girl blind to the world's true nature. Don't blame me for having to hang around her, in bunny disguise, for my blood seemed to boil with some desire towards this person. She appeared caring and warm and unlike my master, was somewhat dignified in her naiviete, somehow I ... who never cared for anyone besides myself came back again and again to pretend being a bunny and make her laugh. It lasted fev years, until my master developed two things ... his telepathic bond with me and reputation of being worthless flirt among the young females of our community. Figures when all he did was laze around, while most other young men in this hamlet were hard working with their muscles to feed themselves. Even I exercised more than him, and having read a lot of necromancy books belonging to his tutor I knew that he will never grow muscle. And shape altering magic he learnt was going only so far, and wenches started to figure him out despite apperances. Och how he brooded and cursed the worthless females unable to reckognize his greatness ... of wich I had assured him often enough to convice him, but not often enough for it to be any satisfaction. It backfired when he did an effort during his spring fever and actually spied trough my eyes when i visited the witch and her girl. And the latter started blossoming into quite a delicious female as far as my knowledge goes. For next fev weeks my master was unusual secretive, and I were quite busy with requests from his tutor and from the witch. Until one night I found out what my master was doing trough our shared bond. It was vivid and colorful vision ... my master, probably first time in his entire life, wasn't lazy but attacked the object of his desire with wild abadon. Her cries and pleas filled my master with such pleasure ... and lastly I reckognised this pitiful female as the witch's protege. My master left her in tears and bloodied on the lake's corner in wich I had played with her so many times. And now he broke my toy ! The hatred I felt for my master blossomed into raging inferno and first thing I did was to inform his tutor of the deed, being as explict and bussines like as possible. Old fart didn't believed me, even since he had summoned me to watch over his apertince. But when his pupil returned, old man had a talk with him, and knew that fool was lying.

Later, given a moment's respite during my ever increasing chores, I chatted with obviously disturbed witch and slipped my tongue about my pathetic master ... and his latest conquest. When she innocently asked when it was, I told her. And went on how my master was a waste of space. Soon after a terrible malady befell my master ... magic, of course, bore the signature of the witch. I informed my master of this fact, quietly delighted that he was dying such painful death. I believe it was then when my master finally snapped. After leaving him to his fever I gladly informed the witch of stroke of luck that befell me. She seemed tired, so after doing wizard's business I left ... leaving her package of sweets I made myself. I hurried to my master, to tend his fever and carefully as always collected the infected phlegm he was coughing. Wizard books are truly useful when it comes to subtlety. My master was so delirious that he didn't noticed the preparations I had done over him. Or my nightly visits to the village's well. Or the spread of fever among the villagers. Witch was unable to help, as she usually would do, since she had problems of her own. Namely, she was paralysed while they sought her help. Tended by the wrecked girl whose belly was stretching abominably. Wizard was unable to find cure, and he sent magical message for help. Forgotten by all I took on myself rolle of one of the children from the farms. It was a delight to observe how people's true nature surfaced when faced with inevitable ... how good and respected citizens turned into greedy and selfish individuals. Fever was claiming more and more victims, and helpless villagers were growing restless ... fights broke out more often than before and were more violent. Women were crying over the dying children, and men who weren't stricken by plague were busy drinking their sorrows away. During this time my master conocted several strengthening potions for his disciple. I gladly mixed them together and gave them to my master ... informing him that his master could have done sooner. The potions worked like miracle, giving my master false strenght to rise from his bed ... even as his mind was as delirious as before drinking them. Magic crackled around him when he walked out of the wizard's tower. And all Hell broke loose ! I run around my master, annoying him with pleas on behalf of the villagers. He just cackled roasting them with fire magic. Villagers themselves went into mob frenzy as I had predicted and with some effort subdued the crazy sorcerer ... I managed to slip earlier, before they turned crazy, and observed with delight how they lynched my master. On his death's door, my master stared into my eyes and knew it was me. His hatred seemed boundless and I smiled to him, to confirm his last revelation. Later his mutilated corpse was thrown into the mass grave left by the fever. I had lost all power gained from sharing bond with the sorcerer ... but it was worth it. Old wizard drowned his sorrows in the bottle and his library was open to me. I learned what I could and was amazed on how childish and short sighted my scheme was. For all what mattered in the end, was power. Mortals seemed to desire it more than others, and when they get it ... act all scared. Contemptous. And it went on quietly ... until the Chandra came, with an army of the dead. Tsh ! And I were testing some interesting theories on these miserable wretches."

DuskDrake

First Post
Okay, so I was setting up the OOC thread when I realized this forum doesn't handle well the way I'm used to doing PbP's. That, plus the awful load times, has made me want to give up on using these forums.

I've set up the OOC and IC threads over here at the giant forums. I'm sorry about the inconvenience, but it would be waaay easier for me. IC thread is also linked there and first post is up.

Sorry for the forum swap! :blush:

Theroc

First Post
Okay, so I was setting up the OOC thread when I realized this forum doesn't handle well the way I'm used to doing PbP's. That, plus the awful load times, has made me want to give up on using these forums.

I've set up the OOC and IC threads over here at the giant forums. I'm sorry about the inconvenience, but it would be waaay easier for me. IC thread is also linked there and first post is up.

Sorry for the forum swap! :blush:

~sigh~ I have to subscribe to ANOTHER forum? I just finished saying "I'm done signing onto forums!" when I subscribed to bg... argh. I'll sign up in the next day or so, particularly since GitP is a forum I am entirely unfamiliar with

Remove ads