[3.5] Destroy Lorwyn! (Evil Campaign) (Recruiting)

DuskDrake

First Post
Advanced Learning?

I'll ask the giants and follow their ruling on this one.

EDIT: Yes you can.

As you can see, I have used rule from d20 srd, lessening cost by restricting use of that item to certain alighment. Is that okay?
Though I absolutely adore the flavor of those items, I don't like the idea of making items cheaper via alignment restriction, sorry.

I'm also a little cautious about custom items in general. If it's a refluffed item that is mechanically the same as something you'd buy then it's always fine, but if you're taking an item and changing its body slot then you gotta run it by me (I'll probably up the cost a bit).

Why those strange names of magic items and palanquin? I have decided to change a little Esme's backstory. The main idea of her being brought up by a lich is still up to date but I want to add some more flavour...of ancient egypt :) Will post it when I finish it.
That sounds excellent. I don't mind giving some freebie items to people if it's flavorful and doesn't have any connection to your power level.

Also, expect to run into the lich at some point in the campaign. ;)

Edit: Question. What do I have to do to create intelligent undead?
I honestly don't know. We'll have to look into it. Off the top of my head, the spell Awaken Undead (SpC i think) might be what you're looking for.

ok, worked it out

Excellent, thanks! At a glance it looks fine, I'll look it over more when I have time.

So, am I to assume we're going with 5.5 per level with an HD of 8? That's the only thing holding Azadar up.

You have 8HD at level 5? :uhoh:

I like my way of doing the average. 1d10 is 5.5

i'm not sure on hit points. 9+(3d8+1) i think. however you want to do it.

Hmmm?

Sorry for the late response guys. My schedule is especially hectic because my free time is being eaten up by my studying for a law school test this saturday. Once that's over with my life will resume normally.

It seems we're about ready to start this. We can keep talking in this thread until I have enough time to start up the IC thread. I'll TRY and get it up sometime this week, but worst case it'll be up Saturday afternoon. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
You have 8HD at level 5? :uhoh:

I like my way of doing the average. 1d10 is 5.5
No... my HD are 8 sided die, hence an Hit Die of 8. I have Three hit DICE. :p

So, is that 4.5? And what do we do with the .5? You never answered that question from before. :p (If we end on a .5[which I will.])

SolosAddie

Explorer
Background: Rensharr's people lived relatively isolated, wandering plains and woods. Being an intelligent leader, and much more focused on crushing her true enemies, Esme/her underlings approached the clans in a peaceful, yet overwhelming show of force.

They then offered to hire scouts of the catfolk clans for caravan guides in their home areas, and the opportunity to enlist in Esmes force. While many younger catfolk jumped at the chance to see more of the world, most have served their term and gone back to their clans. Rensharr is unique both in his skill and his discovery that he enjoys the new and varied challenges the army has brought him. While not quite the stickler for the rules that his superiors have wanted, none can deny his results which have often exceeeded their wildest hopes.

Esme herself has taken a (undoubtably brief) interest and gave him, the quiver he carries, which seems to have more arrows than should fit.

Note: The bonus skill points, if i'm remembering correct will go into fletching.

Theroc

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Azadar
[B]Class:[/B] Totemist
[B]Race:[/B] Dragonborn Goliath; Stony Devil (Monstrous humanoid; Dragonblood, Earth)
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Evil
[B]Deity:[/B] None; Follows Chandra pretty much exclusively.

[B]Str:[/B] 20 +5 (06p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 3(ECL5)  [B]XP:[/B] XXXX
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 (10p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +2         [B]HP:[/B] 29 (3d8[13.5]+15)
[B]Con:[/B] 20 +5 (06p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +11    [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 2/Adamantine
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (04p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (04p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +1        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -2         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +4    +0    +1    +0    +2    +1    18
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 17

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +5          +8
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    +1          +4
[B]Will:[/B]                      1    +0          +0

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Morning Star              +7     1d8+5      20-20x2
Tail                      +2     1d8+2      20-20x2
Girallon Arms(Main)       +7     1d6+2      20-20x2
Girallon Arms(2ndary X3)  +2     1d6+2      20-20x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Gol-Kaa, Common, Draconic

[B]Abilities:[/B] Powerful Build
Breath Weapon: 5 foot line per HD, 1d8 damage per 3 HD; 
acid, cold, electric, fire element, chosen each breath,
DC10+Con mod+1/2 HD ref for 1/2 damage
DR 2/Adamantine
Burrow speed of 15'
+2 natural armor
Earth Strike 1/day: Con to atk, HD to damage;
Only works while victim stands on the ground.
60' Darkvision
+2 dodge AC versus Dragons
Immune to Frightful Presence

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Dragon Wings (RoD)
Dragon Tail (RoD)

[b]Common Melds:[/b]Girallon Arms, Totem Avatar, Rageclaws
[b]Essentia:[/b] 2

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 24       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Perception                 6    +0          +6
Athletics                  6    +5          +11
Ride                       2    +1          +3
Handle Animal              2    +0          +2
Survival                   4    +0          +4
Craft(Armor)               6    +0          +6
Knowledge(Arcana)          2    +0          +0

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Chain shirt             100gp   25lb
Morning Star              8gp    6lb
Ring of Sustenance    2,500gp   --lb
Ring of Protection    2,000gp   --lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]31lb      [B]Money:[/B] 4,392gp XXsp XXcp

[B]Lgt   Medium   Heavy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               133   134-266   267-400   800   2,000

[B]Age:[/B] 24
[B]Height:[/B] 8'3"
[B]Weight:[/B] 380 lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Amber
[B]Hair:[/B] None
[B]Skin:[/B] Black scales
Appearance: Azadar is a hulking brute of a... creature. With black dragon-like scales covering stony skin with rocks encrusted between the scales, as well as large wings extending from his back and a tail providing extra balance, he barely resembles his original form. Towering at 8 feet and three inches, he generally can look downward toward most creatures, his musculature indicating a propensity for direct conflict.

Background: Azadar was a Goliath from one of the last resisting countries as Gilt was dominated by the Ghost Council. Being as it was, the young Goliath was thrown to the pit-like arenas and forced to train under its harsh conditions to survive. And survive he did. He even began to thrive and grow stronger under such conditions. As a 'reward' and to make him more formidable, he was forced to undertake a ritual which would infuse a portion of Tiamat's essence into his very body, granting him the traits of a dragon.

After his transformation, the cult gave Azadar his name, stripping him of his name prior to the Ghost Councils invasion, thus further separating him from his original nature. With a new name and draconic gifts, Azadar fought even more fiercely, venting his frustrations in the pit.

After a time, Chandra stopped by the pit, to check for any promising up and comers. After hearing of Azadar and seeing him fight, she purchased the 'gladiator' and took it upon herself to see that he was properly 'trained' and 'taken care of'. Now out from under the purely brutal experiences of the pit, the little kindness Chandra displayed earning a fierce loyalty from the creature, even after she 'gifted' him with the gift of a Stony Devil, which only further reduced his mental capacities and increase his already prodigious strength and endurance.

Azadar's proven his worth as one of Chandra's generals and travels to Lorwyn with her to slaughter all who oppose the Erinyes' plans.

Rainmar

First Post
SolosAdie, you make poor Esme's ego to sky rocket and she already hit a plane with her nose as it pierced heavens after she have read your post ;)

I think you meant to write "Chandra" :devil:

Rainmar

First Post
Though I absolutely adore the flavor of those items, I don't like the idea of making items cheaper via alignment restriction, sorry.
Sure, I'm gonna remake them, without aligtement restrictions.
The Moaning Backpack is a must, the amount of bones and stuff she needs to carry for her spells is quite big so it will stay. It's just as Hevard's havering backapack. 2000gp
The Scrolls of Ahm are essential to her job as main manufacturer of siege weapons. So it stays. 2500gp
Ankh of Unlive is idea I had after I read a armybook of Tomb Kings of Warhammer FAntasy Battle. I will create later a bigger version of this, after I get more feats, a Casket of Souls, kind of Sacred Relic carried on front of the army. It will support undead army in general and psychologically ensure the victory.(Just as Ark, I hope no one is offended by this comparision).1512 gp
Priestly Robes of Setep are just robes that give +2 to charisma, so I can live without them.

So, its 6012 go out of 9000. 2988 gp are within her MoaningBackpack ;)

That sounds excellent. I don't mind giving some freebie items to people if it's flavorful and doesn't have any connection to your power level.
WEll, the only flavour item here is the Ankh really, and its not only flavour as it confers some really nice buff to all undead in vicinity (^^) so I guess I will not be granted this ;)

Also, expect to run into the lich at some point in the campaign. ;)
Dadddy? ^^

I honestly don't know. We'll have to look into it. Off the top of my head, the spell Awaken Undead (SpC i think) might be what you're looking for.
I have looked around some supplement books but nowhere I can find a phrase ensuring me that their prevoius abilities like spell casting will be preserved. How do you think we should reslove this?

Remove ads