[3.5] Destroy Lorwyn! (Evil Campaign) (Recruiting)

DuskDrake

First Post
Of course. I would like to increase my quasit's transformative ability to something more like what Succubus have. To take on Humanoid Shapes up to Medium size. And ... perhaps Vermin and Animals ? With this, Skoll would became extremely annoying. How I would refer to this stuff ?

We'll work something out when we get there. I've been busy lately and I'll need some time to properly look at these things.

Quick question: HP of average, is that the 'fixed HP' as in the DMG? The alternating bit? I'm almost done aside from XP recording, HP stuff and gear.

I haven't checked the DMG's way, but I always did average as half of the dX: half of d6 is 3.5, d8 is 4.5, d10 is 5.5 etc. Does it come out to the same thing?

Ok, did some changes to character sheet, and only thing left is eq. DM, as I cant yet cast animate dead, I understand I dont have any "friends" around? OR meyby there were some unintelligent undead in the army, who Esme could take control over?

There will be plenty of undead around that you can borrow, provided that you have a means to control them. The loaners won't be terribly powerful, but I promise that you will have plenty of opprotunities to pick up some badass undead (being evil helps with that!).

Rules over siege engines from Heroes of ABttle state that a siege engineer without a minimum crew has construction time enlarged. What happens in case I have more then minimum workers? How about halving time for every doubling of work force?
That sounds good.

EDIT: Also for constructing, you can choose to pay either XP or five times the XP as gp like your previous DM's ruling. That's for personal / party items. Anything that directly helps the army will have its XP cost ignored.

So, how close are we to starting this? Terraspaz and Rikandur have completed their sheets, Solos and Rainmar needs to spend the WBL, and I haven't seen anything from TheRoc yet. We can start as soon as those sheets are complete.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
I haven't checked the DMG's way, but I always did average as half of the dX: half of d6 is 3.5, d8 is 4.5, d10 is 5.5 etc. Does it come out to the same thing?

DMG way would result in Azadar(My PC) having 93 HP before constitution is included. Your way gives 112.5 according to my calculations which may be flawed. That said, I'd prefer your method(Lower HP makes combats more swingy at lower levels) except the .5 will likely cause confusion. Do we use basic math rules and add up for purposes of losing HP? Or do we round down?

Edit: My math was wrong, I used 5.5 instead of 4.5 for a D8. Your method reduces HP by about 10 points, unless I'm wrong again. :p

Duskdrake said:
So, how close are we to starting this? Terraspaz and Rikandur have completed their sheets, Solos and Rainmar needs to spend the WBL, and I haven't seen anything from TheRoc yet. We can start as soon as those sheets are complete.

All I need to do is double-check the xp, figure out the HP for crunch. After that it'll be me filling in the backhistory(which my synopsis covers the more important influences), and his appearnace(which I've presented a 'played by' for a shorthand already)

Last edited:

Rainmar

First Post
There will be plenty of undead around that you can borrow, provided that you have a means to control them. The loaners won't be terribly powerful, but I promise that you will have plenty of opprotunities to pick up some badass undead (being evil helps with that!).

I have read the rules of rebuking and commaning undead, sadly with that I can only control HD worth of undead equal to my lvl. Heh, gotta buy item with animate dead. It will grant her next 4HD of undead per lvl My girl needs servants!

EDIT: Also for constructing, you can choose to pay either XP or five times the XP as gp like your previous DM's ruling. That's for personal / party items. Anything that directly helps the army will have its XP cost ignored.

Sweet! All hail Chandra!

I'm close, just some WBL, and here it is. Might anyone point me what might be usefull or essential for necromancer? I havo no idea, but such basic stuff as ring +1 to saves seems to be a must and meyby a scroll of animate dead for starters till she hits lvl 7 and be able to cast it by herself. Also, a more specific description of her I will add in my first post of her on IC.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
I'm close, just some WBL, and here it is. Might anyone point me what might be usefull or essential for necromancer? I havo no idea, but such basic stuff as ring +1 to saves seems to be a must and meyby a scroll of animate dead for starters till she hits lvl 7 and be able to cast it by herself. Also, a more specific description of her I will add in my first post of her on IC.

Well, LM has some really juicy Undead-boosting items in it for future use. Such as the Rod of Undead Mastery which doubles the HD you can rebuke, and the Scepter of the Netherworld which lets you rebuke as if 3 levels higher than you are. Those two together would cost you 19,000 g though, so that's something for later in the campaign.

Rainmar

First Post
Yeh, I'm looking forward, especially towards Rod of Undead Mastery. Meyby when Esme would lay her hands on some gold, her daddy would send her a 'deathday present'? ;)

GlassEye

Adventurer
DMG way would result in Azadar(My PC) having 93 HP before constitution is included. Your way gives 112.5 according to my calculations which may be flawed. That said, I'd prefer your method(Lower HP makes combats more swingy at lower levels) except the .5 will likely cause confusion. Do we use basic math rules and add up for purposes of losing HP? Or do we round down?

Edit: My math was wrong, I used 5.5 instead of 4.5 for a D8. Your method reduces HP by about 10 points, unless I'm wrong again. :p

All I need to do is double-check the xp, figure out the HP for crunch. After that it'll be me filling in the backhistory(which my synopsis covers the more important influences), and his appearnace(which I've presented a 'played by' for a shorthand already)

How is this possible? My calculation shows 17 hp before Con bonuses are added. Even a barbarian with max hp at 1st level would only have 38 hp.

EDIT: Ah, at level 20. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
How is this possible? My calculation shows 17 hp before Con bonuses are added. Even a barbarian with max hp at 1st level would only have 38 hp.

EDIT: Ah, at level 20. Nevermind.

Yeah, I figured such a small difference wouldn't be apparent in the lower levels. Though I think my numbers are still off. Might be easier assuming a character without LA.

Rainmar

First Post
Dear DM! A very important question! Does Dread Necromancer's ability, Advanced Learning, allow me to learn spells that I ALREADY know and have in my Dread Necromancer's spell list, but are of different level?

Well, Advanced Learning allows me to choose one spell from cleric/wizard list, of level no higher than i can personally cast. And you see...cleric has animate dead as a 3rd lvl spell...and Dread Necro has it as 4th...now you understand my uneasiness? ;)

I will only tell you, that Esme is looking at you, her big blue eyes full of hope:D

And now some of her eq:
-Moaning Backpack(1400gp), works just as Hevard's handy haversack, she uses it to store components for spells etc., she had a a small bear cub, but because of her Chernel Touch it quickly died, so she animated it to play with her eternally. Now the hovresack is inside of bear cube zombie(gentle repose casted on it, 1HD from rebuking sacrificed on it). Bear has a long strips on his back made from ligaments so she can carry it as a backpack ;)[can only be used by neutral evil character]
-Unholy Scrolls of Ankhar-Amn(1750gp) scrolls which give +5 competence bonus to Craft(Necrotech)[in tubes, in her backpack, can only be used by neutral evil character]
-Ankh of Unlive(1512gp) allows to cast once per day Desecrate for 4 hrs on target.[can only be used by neutral evil character]
-Priestly Robes of Setep(2800gp) confers +2 bonus to Charisma[can only be used by neutral evil character
-Palanquin(100gp, I took price of carriage)

7562 gp of 9000 used. The rest, 1438 gp stored in back pack as platinum coins preferably ;)

As you can see, I have used rule from d20 srd, lessening cost by restricting use of that item to certain alighment. Is that okay?

Why those strange names of magic items and palanquin? I have decided to change a little Esme's backstory. The main idea of her being brought up by a lich is still up to date but I want to add some more flavour...of ancient egypt :) Will post it when I finish it.

Edit: Question. What do I have to do to create intelligent undead? I understand it takes a Create Undead spell and its bigger cousin. But what in case I want to TURN someone into a intelligent undead under my control? For example we encounter and beat a priest/pally and Esme needs a new acolyte/bodyguard. What can I do to preserve their abilities and spell casting abilities, as turning them into regular undead would make them loose it. What can Esme do? Does casting Createrundead/greater undead on their deceased bodies will grant them a right template? Also I have found a very interesting template in Libris Mortis, the Swarm-Shifter, a template of LA +0. How can I apply this tmeplate to undead? Is there a spell for that? Or meyby there have to be create one yet ;)

Last edited:

SolosAddie

Explorer
equipment finished

ok, worked it out,

MW Scimitar 315
+1 composite (+2 str) longbow 2,600
MW Buckler 165
+1 MW Leather Armor 1,160
+1 cloak of resist 1,000
quiver of elhonna 1,800
healing belt 750
2 lesser crystals of lifekeeping (1 in armor, 1 in buckler) 600
4 CLW potions 200
everlasting rations 350? (sorry didn't note this price ind.)
Standard advent. kit 15g, backpack, bedroll, flint/steel, rope, 2 sundrods, 10 rations
88 arrows
This comes to 8,755.

Speed: 40 feet

Armor Class: 21 = 10 + 3 (armor)+1 [buckler] +6 [dexterity] +1 NA

Initiative modifier: +6 = +6 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +7 = 4 [base] +2 [constitution] +1 from cloak
Reflex save: +11 = 4 [base] +6 [dexterity] +1 from cloak
Will save: +3 = 1 [base] +1 [wisdom] +1 from cloak
Attack (handheld): +6 = 4 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +6 = 4 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (missile): +10 = 4 [base] +6 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +6 = 4 [base] +2 [strength]

Bow does +11 attack rolls base, 1d8+2(str) damage

Languages: Common Catfolk Sylvan Abyssal? (what does the leader speak)

MW Scimitar [1d6, crit 18-20/x2, 4 lb, one-handed, slashing]

Composite Longbow [1d8, crit x3, range incr. 100 ft., 3 lb, piercing]

+1 MW Leather [light; +3 AC; max dex +6; check penalty -1; 15lb.]

MW Buckler [+1 AC; check penalty -0; hardness 10; hp 5; 5 lb.]

Remove ads