D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] draw a weapon

Rel

Liquid Awesome
AuraSeer said:
[Dang, that's twice in a row I was too slow on the draw. Need more caffeine...]

You'll be hard pressed to catch up with me there, AuraSeer. I've just had my second cup of coffee and a Diet Coke with lunch.

My response time is fast but my typing is getting worse by the second.

Darklone

Rel said:
You'll be hard pressed to catch up with me there, AuraSeer. I've just had my second cup of coffee and a Diet Coke with lunch.

My response time is fast but my typing is getting worse by the second.

Where would you guys put me with 4 mugs of coffee before coffee break?

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Rel said:
Heh. When I wrote that post, my drinks consumption so far included two coffees, a Coke, and three cans of Mountain Dew. Plus I was munching the chocolate-covered espresso beans, though I don't know how many I'd eaten at that point.

Your caffeine-fu is weak! ;)

Destil

Explorer
Darklone said:

Right. And this 5ft movement will provoke AoOs. :D
A 5ft step never provokes an AoO. If you're doing this then really what happens is:
5' Step [No AoO]
Move to Draw [No AoO]
Standard to Attack [No AoO unless with a ranged weapon]

Unless the defination of a 5ft step has changed in the revision? (Aside from the full round action to move five feet when you couldn't normaly move)

Angcuru

First Post
Zad said:
But only if you move. If you moved, you can't take a full attack. So Quickdraw is useful if you a) want to draw a weapon and make a full attack b) want to draw multiple weapons in a round (thrown knives).
Isn't quick draw required for the better archery-related feats?

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Wolffenjugend said:
IIRC, you cannot make a 5-ft step along with a ME-action in the same round.

Yes, you can. It's explicitly allowed in the section on MEA's on page 131 of the PHB, as long as you have not otherwised moved.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases