• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Errata Reporting

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Stalker0 said:
While I understand a few of these obscure references getting through.. frankly the list we are collecting shows a really slapdash job by some of these editors.

You are paid to review and find these errors, and when you miss SEVERAL blatant errors that have direct game consequences, you really drop the ball imo.

Yeah, I'm not to pleased about it either. I'd hoped to stop carrying around a lot of errata documents for awhile.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Re: MM p12 Solar Spell-like Abilities errata

Beretta said:
In the section for a Solar's Spell-like Abilties, the ability Power Word Stun is listed in the "At Will" group (after 'polymorph other [self only]'), and again in the "3/Day" group (after 'power word kill'). There is no comma after 'polymorph self (other)' to separate it from Power Word Stun in the "At Will" group (assuming the latter power belongs there).

It should be able to use the power either "At Will", or "3/Day" (probably the latter).
Actually it's in the 1/day list, not the 3/day list.

If it was Polymorph Other (self only), that would be another errata, but I checked and it is correctly listed as Polymorph (self only).

I would have to say that it probably belongs in the 1/day list with the other power word spells. Without the comma, this probably is a cut and paste errror of some sort.

Edit: In the 3.0 MM, it's in the 1/day list with the other power word spells.

Last edited:

Number47

First Post
I don't have my DMG here at work, but one of the staves in the magic items section has the ability to cast Wall of Force. It states that you can only use it to create a hemispherical wall of force around yourself. In 3.5, there is no hemisphere wall of force. Well there could be an exception for particular magic items, the fact that it's the power of a staff leads me to believe that this is an error.

pingpong

First Post
page 141 in table 8-2: Actions in Combat lists Bull Rush/No for Attack of Opportunity.

in the description for Initiating a Bull Rush on page 154 it says moving into the defender's square provokes an AoO from him and each opponent that threatens you.

mmu1

First Post
Druid's Vestments

In the Minor Wondrous Item table, the Druid's Vestments have a price of 3,750 gp, but in the description one of 10,000 gp.

Tharizdun

First Post
PHB Changing Ability Scores

PHB P10 "Changing Ability Scores"

2nd point: The example with the entangle spell refers to the 3.0 version of the spell, not the 3.5 version, which is completely different.

Urbannen

First Post
DMG, p. 209:

The text says that you use a monster character's effective character level when determining whether or not to use epic advancement. As clarified by the Sage in Dragon #310 (in a column advertised as 3.5 content), you use character level only when determining whether to use epic advancement rules.

The same paragraph lists bugbears' level adjustment as +2. Bugbears' character adjustment is correctly +1. The example given is a bugbear fighter 14/blackguard 3 with an ECL of 22. The character's ECL should be listed as 21.

The example character has a character level of 20 (4 bugbear HD, 14 fighter levels, 3 blackguard levels), so it does not receive any epic attack or save bonuses.

Edited to show DMG page number and to report additional mistakes in the monster character example.

Last edited:

Eternalknight

First Post
Bloodstone Mage said:
This really isn't errata, and my apologies if this has been said before...

This makes me frustrated!:mad:

In the DMG, the table for One Hundred NPC Traits is still only 99 traits! Number 26 is still missing!

Oh well. We're human. Nobody's perfect. We make mistakes.

Cheers!

Read entry 100 ;)

isoChron

First Post
Wall of Force now only produces flat vertical walls. No problem but in the description of Staff of Power there is still the hemisphere mentioned:
Wall of force (in a 10-ft.-diameter hemisphere around the caster only) (2 charges)

BYE

theskees

First Post
Errata I noticed, some sent to Kim

PHB 238, Halt Undead
The description says "creature immobile for the duration of the spell (similar to the effects of a Hold Person on a living creature)." Hold Person (PHB 241) now gives a save "each round on its turn". This looks like a 3.0 holdover.

PHB 314, surprise
surprise is described as "... each take a partial action during the surprise round." It should be a standard action.

DMG 177, Arcane Trickster
The Arcane Trickster skill list says "Knowledge(Int)", when it should say "Knowledge(all skills, taken individually)(Int)"

DMG 184, Dragon Disciple
Breath weapon described in 3.0 terms, as 5'x5'x60', not a 60 ft. line.

DMG 251, Carpet of Flying 6'x9'
The carpet in this table was from 3.0. It has no 3.5 equivalent or entry.

I reported the five above to Kim Mohan.

Do these below seem like errata to you? If they do, I'll email them to him (thanks Exquisite Dead Guy & drnuncheon for this correction) tomorrow. I don't have my book with me, so these are not as polished as the errata above.

DMG 216, Intelligent Items and random weapons
The description of intelligent magic items changed in 3.5, yet the roll for random magic weapons still use a 3.0 version, with far more than a 1% chance of intelligence.

DMG 262, Maul of the Titans
Should be listed as Huge, like Mattock above. * On reflection, this is not an error. It's just a 160 lb. melee weapon.

DMG 302, darkness entry
Lists Ranger Favored Enemy as "precision damage" like sneak. This was 3.0. It should be unaffected by darkness.

- Ed Tostanoski

Last edited:

Remove ads