D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5]Jump skill errata all over Monster Manual?

zoroaster100

First Post
The Jump skill in 3.5 is adjusted with a -6 modifier for every 10' your speed is below 30' and by +4 for every 10' your move is above 30'. The Monster Manual doesn't seem to specify if this adjustment is already included in the Jump skill modifiers listed in various creature's stat blocks, though under the stat block description in the Into, it says:
"Skills
This line gives the creature's skills, along with each skill's modifier (including adjustments for ability scores, armor check penalties, and any bonuses from feats or racial traits)."

This seems to imply all bonuses/penalties are already included.
When I look at the creatures that have a listing for Jump, however, such as the leopard, monstrous spider, dog, etc., they do not seem to have an adjustment for their speed.

Does this mean maybe the Jump skill got changed after they did all the stat blocks and they forgot to add this significant modifier to all monsters with the Jump skill? Or is the modifier included and I'm just failing to account for something?

Tessarael

Explorer
My guess is that the Monster Manual wasn't updated with 3.5E PHB Jump rules. It seems that there were different people working on each of the core rulebooks, and things like this slipped through the cracks between different books unfortunately.

Send Monster Manual errata to Gwendolyn Kestrel:
gwendolyn.kestrel@wizards.com
Let us know if you get a reply as to whether or not it is an error. I'd also post it to the errata thread to see what other folks reckon.

Remove ads