• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] New 8th Level Spell!

gfunk

First Post
Posted from Andy Collins' Messageboards:

"Here's a summary of one of my favorite new spells from the PH 3.5:

Moment of Prescience
Divination
Luck 8, Sor/Wiz 8
Personal; Duration 1 hr/lvl or until discharged

Once during the spell's duration, you can gain an insight bonus equal to caster level (max +25) on any single attack roll, opposed ability or skill check, or saving throw. Alternatively, you can apply the insight bonus to your AC against a single attack. You can activate the spell at any time, even on another character's turn (it doesn't take an action). Once used, the spell ends.

You can't have more than one moment of prescience active on you at the same time.

The diviner in my Bloodlines campaign *loves* this spell--it saves his bacon regularly.

Andy Collins
Senior Designer
Wizards of the Coast Roleplaying R&D"

hong

WotC's bitch
Personally, I think that if they wanted to have hero points in the game, they should have just called them hero points, and given them to everyone, not just wizards.

jasamcarl

First Post
hong said:
Personally, I think that if they wanted to have hero points in the game, they should have just called them hero points, and given them to everyone, not just wizards.

Well, thankfully, they never said they wanted hero points in the game. :)

ForceUser

Explorer
Stalker0 said:
Now that's something a diviner can learn to love:)
Since you won't be able to choose divination as an opposed school, I suspect this will be in many wizards' spellbooks, not to mention sorcerers' lists.

Someone

Adventurer
3.5 have lots of ideas and house rules just ripped of my head! I´m sure the WotC satellite is scanning my brain right now.

Yes, I like the spell.

Remove ads