• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Only Smackdown

Better hit points attack and damage

minotaur halfdeepdragon barbarian1/bearwarrior5/frenzied berseker1/berserk1*/warshaper1.
*(From Deities and Demigods)

Books: core, Faerun suplements, Deities & demigods,expanded psionics.

feats
powerattack
cleave
combat reflexes
intimidating rage
destructive rage
instantaneous rage

stats
S18 race+8 temp+8 LevelA+2 +5inh +6item +8Anim gro +16 BW +6 FB +6 B +20 psi total103 +46bonus
D18 +6item Anim gro-2 total22
C18 race+4 temp+2+5inh+6item +Anim gro4 +8 BW +6 B +20 psi total=73 +31bonus
I12 race-4 temp+2+6item -15psi total 1
w12 +6item -8psi total 10
c12 race-2 temp+2+6item-17 psi total1

hit points: 82 average+465 Con bonus+80 nat avatar=627

belt+6 to all stats 200000
amulet mighty fists+5 200000
+5 books to St & Con 275000
rune of psychofeeback 2 charges caster level20 10000gps
rune animalgrowth casterlevel 20 5000
rune nature favor caster lvl 20 3000
rune nature avatar casterlvl20 9000
items total704000

Attack 15 base +46 ST +5 amulet +10 nat avat +10 nat fav -3size -15 PA total +68
grapple 15 base +46 ST +5 amulet +10 nat avat +10 nat fav +8size -15 PA total +79
+68 with2+1 haste claws damage 2d6+48ST +10 nat fav +10 nat avat + 15PA = 77+2d6 *3=249 average
+63 with +65 with bite damage 2d8+24ST +10 nat fav +10 nat avat+15 PA =59+2d8 67 average
+63 gore damage 2d6 +24ST +10 nat fav +10 nat avat+15 PA =59+2d6 65 average

damage in full attack 249+67+65 total 381 hit points per round

I think all of this are right and lawfull sorry for the mistakes

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Ok, here’s my first attempt at a smackdown, (it’s an AC smackdown):
Human Saint
Cloistered Cleric 2/Paladin5/Anointed Knight 1/Fist of Raziel 10
32 point buy.
Str 9
Dex 10
Con 8
Int 8
Wis 17
Chr 18

Base – AC 10, base
Mithral Full Plate of Speed +5 – AC 13, armour
Tower Shield, (Animated) +5 – AC 9, shield
Falchion, (Defending), +5 – AC 5, unnamed
Gloves of Dex +4 – AC 2, enhancement
Dodge Feat – AC 1, dodge
Divine Shield Feat –
1. Chr 18
2. 16th lv +4
3. Cloak of Chr +6
4. Tome of Leadership +5
5. Saint Template +4
6. Anointed Knights ability, Anoint Self: Clarity +1
Total Charisma 38 – AC 14, unnamed

Saints Insight bonus, (Wis based) –
1. Wis 17
2. Periapt of Wis +6
3. Tome +5
4. Saint Template +2
Total Wisdom 30 – AC 10, insight

Saints Aura of Strength – AC 4, deflection
Righteous Might – AC 3, enhancement to natural & size
Ring of Protection +5 –AC 1, deflection, (coz of saints aura of str ab)
Magic Vestment on armour and shield – AC 4, enhancement

Total AC 76, (not bad for a paladin eh?).

Now if I wanted to receive help from another character……..

Replace existing armour with Celestial armour +5 – AC -3
Replace existing shield with Heavy Iron, (Animated) +5 – AC -2
Polymorph any object, myself, into a Throne Archon – AC +12, natural
AC +6, dex

New Total AC 89.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
melkorspawn said:
Do the natural armor bonuses stack?

Natural Armor bonuses don't stack. But the Amulet of Natural Armor doesn't provide a Natural Armor bonus; it provides an Enhancement bonus to Natural Armor. In other words, it stacks with Natural Armor, but it doesn't stack with a Barkskin spell.

-Hyp.

melkorspawn said:
Do the natural armor bonuses stack?
No, but the bat has a +5 natural armor bonus, and the amulet provides an Enhancement to Natural Armor bonus.

Those stack, just like the +1 part of +1 plate mail stacks with the +8 armor bonus from plate mail.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Well, Snow's Killer Gnome should be included in this thread. I take no credit for any of this:

Gnome Illusionist 5/Shadowcrafter 2 (Underdark)/Shadowcraft Mage 5 (Races of Stone)/Shadowcrafter 10 (or add a level of Shadow Adept for +1 DC to illusions and +5 SRP, at some minor costs and loss of full 10 levels of Shadowcrafter).

Works better if you take the first level Gnome Illusionist replacement level from Races of Stone (which reduces the level of Silent Image to 0 and most of the other image spells by 1), but that isn't necessary.

Also works best if you take some of the illusionist speciality replacement stuff in Arcana Unearthed (Chains of Disbelief and the one that gives Spell Mastery in new illusion spells I think are both good), but again not necessary.

Feats: Heighten Spell, Spell Mastery in at least Silent Image, Signature Spell: Silent Image, Earth Sense (Races of Stone), Earth Spell (Races of Stone), Spell Focus: Illusions, Greater Spell Focus: Illusions.

The third level ability of the Shadowcraft Mage lets you convert Silent Image (and several other image spells) into either a Shadow Evocation or Shadow Conjuation (creation or summon only). ANY evocation or conjuation (creation or summon) spell in the Wizard/Sorc list, even those you do not know or even those you cannot cast because you eliminated that type of spells when you specialized in illusion. The only catch is it has to be a spell of at least 1 level lower than the spell slot used to cast the image spell (but see below). It sets the "reality" of those shadow spells to 10% * level of the spell slot used. That is key to this build.

The fifth level Shadowcraft Mage ability increases the reality of your shadow spells by 20%.
The level 2-3 and level 6-7 abilities of Shadowcrafter each add 10% reality to one of the two types of shadow spells, so combined it's another +20% reality to your shadow spells.
There is an issue of Dragon that can add yet another +20% reality to your shadow evocations with a feat, but that isn't necessary for this build. So the reality of your shadow spells with this build is [Spell Slot Level * 10%] + 20% + 20% (plus another 20% if you take that Dragon Mag feat).

So, use your signature spell to spontaneously cast Silent Image, heightened to whatever spell slot level you want to cast the spell at (this will unfortunately take a full round action instead of a standard action, since you are adding a metamagic feat to a spontaneously cast spell). Using Earth Spell your cost to heighten the spell is -1. Use your 3rd level Shadowcraft Mage ability to convert that spell into any Shadow Evocation or Shadow Conjuation (creation or summon) of your choice, up to a 9th level spell (due to your use of Earth Spell to make the actual cost -1 less to heighten the spell). I believe there is a version of this build that makes the cost to heighten your spells another -1 (through a Dragon Magazine feat called Easy Metamagic I believe), but no need for that silliness as this build is good (or bad) enough as it is.

A ninth level spell slot used would = 90% + 20% = 110% + 20% = 130% reality (meaning it does more damage if you make your will save to disbelieve than if you actually fail your save!)(150% reality if you use the Dragon Magazine feat as well).

Since Shadow spells use the time to cast and material componants of the Shadow Illusion used and NOT the spell being replicated, you could also shadow-replicate minor or major creation to create a big area (up to 20 cubic feet) of Black Lotus Extract poison as a full round action, for example. Or, if you know a deadlier poison than BLE, use that.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Mistwell said:
Gnome Illusionist 5/Shadowcrafter 2 (Underdark)/Shadowcraft Mage 5 (Races of Stone)/Shadowcrafter 10 (or add a level of Shadow Adept for +1 DC to illusions and +5 SRP, at some minor costs and loss of full 10 levels of Shadowcrafter).

Why not take 10 levels of Shadowcrafter and a level of Shadow Adept? You're 22nd level already, so you're not trying to fit it all into 20 levels...?

-Hyp.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Hypersmurf said:
Why not take 10 levels of Shadowcrafter and a level of Shadow Adept? You're 22nd level already, so you're not trying to fit it all into 20 levels...?

-Hyp.

No it's 20th level. You probably thought 22 because the first two levels of shadowcrafter come BEFORE Shadowcraft Mage, and I probably didn't use the standard format to explain that (this whole optimization thing isn't my speciality).

It goes like this:

1. Illusionist 1
2. Illusionist 2
3. Illusionist 3
4. Illusionist 4
5. Illusionist 5
6. Shadowcrafter 1
7. Shadowcrafter 2
8. Shadowcraft Mage 1
9. Shadowcraft Mage 2
10. Shadowcraft Mage 3
11. Shadowcraft Mage 4
12. Shadowcraft Mage 5
13. Shadowcrafter 3
14. Shadowcrafter 4
15. Shadowcrafter 5
16. Shadowcrafter 6
17. Shadowcrafter 7
18. Shadowcrafter 8
19. Shadowcrafter 9
20. Shadowcrafter 10

If you wanted a level of Shadow Adept in there, probably best to ditch some of the earlier 2 shadowcrafter levels for a level of Shadow Adept. In the past I've argued for a level of Mindbender in there (for the telepathy), or another level of wizard in there (for the saves), or a level of Harper Mage in there (for the skills to get the various other prestige classes). I don't personally think it's important to get all 10 levels of Shadowcrafter for this build, as you could stop at 7th level and still have all the bonus to reality abilities from the class.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Mistwell said:
No it's 20th level. You probably thought 22 because the first two levels of shadowcrafter come BEFORE Shadowcraft Mage...

Oh - yup! I added 5, 2, 5, and 10, instead of 5, 2, 5, and 8 :)

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads