• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Only Smackdown

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
reapersaurus said:
you know what?
I hardly even give a crap about the "rules" anymore.

Rules lawyering and grammar-dissecting nonsense has made "the rules" a completely impossible thing to try to define anymore.

I'm much more confident in playing a game that has obvious rules "in spirit" than in playing a game that has to specify every single thing, regardless of how obvious it is (like Prayer Beads don't cost 0 gp's would be a particularly applicable example).
And you're here in a smackdown thread in the rules forum for what precise reason?

Perhaps to feel superior?

To spoil our fun?

The spirit of the rules is all well and good - but the spirit of the rules are not nearly so fun to powergame with. It's arguably against the spirit of the rules to produce a smackdown character who'll reduce the fun of other players in the first place, so morality has already been left at the door.

In short, play or leave.

ciaran00

Explorer
jabberwocky said:
Once all the demons are there, you use your delayed action to cast Dictum - automatically killing all the balors within 40 ft of you, who promptly explode for 100 points of damage, causing a chain reaction where all the other Balors explode as well.
You should be able to fit 500 balors within a 50ft radius sphere [volume of a sphere that size is 523,598 cubic feet, and if you consider a balor to be occupying a space with a radius of 6' (as they're 12 ft tall) you can fit 578 balor-volumes into that sphere]. This means that you have a blast area of a 100' diameter sphere where anything in that sphere takes 50,000 points of damage, or 25,000 if it makes 500 separate DC 30 Reflex Saves. There's wildly varying amounts of damage as you move outward from that sphere, but anything within 150' of you is still taking some balor blast damage. The fun part is that the damage is all non-magical energy (death throes is an extroadinary ability), so spell resistance/magic immunity/antimagic field all won't help.

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Good work!

ciaran

kelemv0r

First Post
frenzied beserker

half orc
10 barbarian/10 frenzied beserker

Feats:supreme Power Attack (frenzied bezerker ability)
Magic Items: greatsword +5, Manual of Gainful Exercise +5, Belt of Giant Strength +6.

spells:polymorph any object (fireborg)

Strength: 31 (base) +5 unnamed (levels) +5 inherent (manual) +6 enhancement (belt) +4 (rage) +10 frenzy = 61 strength, a +25 bonus to damage. Wielding the greatsword makes that +37.

Use full supreme power attack, +80 damage
atk 30/30/25/20/15
So, total damage is:

2d6+122 x5
= 640 damage per round.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Balor bombing - that's completely fantastic! :)

Anyway, fastest speed.

13th level wizard.

Use Plane Shift to travel to any plane that you can survive in, which is infinite in size.

Cast Greater Teleport. Distance traveled = infinite. Time = 1 standard action.

Infinity distance/1 standard action = Infinite Velocity.

No fancy class combis and the only cost is a tuning fork attuned to your destination...

Although whether teleportation involves an actual speed is another good question altogether?

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
A charging, wind walking, hasted, longstriding Awakened Cheetah Monk 18:Barbarian 1.

Speed
600 (base - wind walker)
+60 (monk)
+10 (longstrider)
+10 (barbarian)
+30 (haste)

=710

10 X speed for a Sprint charge

Speed 7100 for 1 charge per hour...

You'd probably lose a few of those monk levels... as I'm sure an awakened cheetah has an ECL over +0... It's also a bit dubious as to whether the bonuses apply to the wind walk speed, couldn't find anything that says it doesn't - just taking it that your base speed changes to 600...

However, even with just the hasted charging cheetah it's still 6300.

Carpe DM

First Post
This is outside core, but inside WOTC books. This also requires 18 character levels, but it is the best I've been able to do yet to replicate the Paladin Smack. I'm sure folks will have improvements. :D

Can anyone think of a better combination for a Paladin than Pal6 / Fist of Raziel 10 / Cavalier 2? Feats would necessarily be power attack, divine might, servant of the heavens, mounted combat, ride-by attack, spirited charge, weapon focus - Lance, and Extra Smiting.

You'd get the 2d6 holy damage, the chaining on a smite (small benefit), the X4 on at least one charge. With a 30 strength (not hard if you can cast righteous might on yourself and mount with share spell) you'd have (rough estimate):

+5 weapon
+15 strength
+10 charisma (divine might)
+36 power attack
+18 smite
+1 damage bonus (servant of the heavens)
----
+85 straight damage (x4 = 340)
+2d6 weapon, (x4, with average, = 28)

So, an average total of 368 on the charge. Then, the additional stuff:

+5d6 divine sacrifice from Paladin
+5d6 divine sacrifice from mount (notice that Divine Sacrifice has a You descriptor, thus your mount may deliver one from the same casting).
+2d6 holy (10th level power Fist of Raziel).

Which is, on average, 42 points in addition. So, a cool 410 on one shot. Thoughts?

Carpe

Dark Dragon

Explorer
Ok, here is it, my little druid smack down:

Type: damage to a single target

We need:
Druid 18, barbarian 2
Feats: Natural Spell, Power Attack, Multiattack, Improved Natural Attack (Claw), Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Improved Critical (Claw)
Equipment: 2x Ioun Stone of Spell Storing, Ring of Spell Storing, Major
Companion casters: Only needed to load some items.
Stats: High Con and high Wis (I presume that Wild Shape/Polymorph does not change your hp, despite the Sage's ruling!).

Tactic:
Casts Divine Power and Bless from Ring (spells from a cleric CL 18)

Wildshape into dire tiger (Str 27+6 = 33, Dex 17, Con 18), attack: 2x claw +27 (base 15 +11 Str +1 Bless), 2d4+11, bite +25, 2d6+5, 2x rake +25, 2d4+5

Casts 5x Greater Magic Fang +4 on each claw and the bite attack, follows with Animal Growth: new Str 41, Dex 15, Con 24. We get:

2x claw +35, 2x 2d6+19, bite +33, 3d6+11, 2x rake +33, 2x 2d6+11

Use spells from ioun stones (filled by a cleric with Divine Favor , CL 18): Divine Favor: +6 luck bonus to attack and damage, so:

2x claw +41, 2x 2d6+25, bite +39, 3d6+17, 2x rake +39, 2x 2d6+17

Second ioun stone: Haste...
3x claw +42, 3x 2d6+25, bite +40, 3d6+17, 2x rake +40, 2x 2d6+17

Warp in barbarian rage at the beginning of combat: +4 Str (Str 45)...:
3x claw +44, 3x 2d6+27, bite +42, 3d6+18, 2x rake +42, 2x 2d6+18

After a pounce attack and a hit for each attack, we get on the average: 180.5 points of damage, with power attack 4, we end up with 204.5, enough for a smack down. If you make a crit with a claw, add another 34 points....

If the druid summons one dire tiger (or more) and Animal Growths and Hastes them as well, we end up with more damage...

Jabberwocky you are a GENIUS :cool:
These balrog made remember to me the lemmings
really is the best smackdown what I never read before

My contribution to smackdown is only a lvl15 Pc with 3 wishes each day without xp cost.
ex-cle4/rogue1/ur Ulric10
Summon a Efreeti and copy the Wish spell-like ability each morning
You have 3 wishes 2 levels before any wiz. :)

Remove ads