3.5 players guide?

BeholderBurger

First Post
I subscribed and dowloaded the 4th Ed version and after reading suggested to my group that we play this next. After some (heated) discussion we decided that we are gonna start this as a pathfinder game. I downloaded the 3.5 version but I cannot find a corresponding 3.5 players or DM's guide like 4E has. Am I missing something?

Blackbrrd

First Post
I subscribed and dowloaded the 4th Ed version and after reading suggested to my group that we play this next. After some (heated) discussion we decided that we are gonna start this as a pathfinder game.

I am curious to the reasoning to go with pathfinder instead of 4e. :)

I can't really help you with the other part.

Calavingian

Explorer
Drive Thru RP stocks PDF copies of both. I would suggest that downloding both from there would be a good idea -as you can then pass copies of the players guide to your players by email, allowing them to create their characters before the game.

They are both downloadable for free.
3.5 Players Guide
War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga - Player's Guide - EN Publishing | DriveThruRPG.com

3.5 DMs Guide
War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga - Campaign Guide - EN Publishing | DriveThruRPG.com

Hope that helps.

BeholderBurger

First Post
I am curious to the reasoning to go with pathfinder instead of 4e. :)

I can't really help you with the other part.

Well we have played 4E pretty much since it came out expecting a new and improved version of our beloved D&D but after having given it as much of a go as we could bear we have come to the conclusion that 4E is just not D&D. We hada single copy of the Beta book for pathfinder and liked the look but no-one wanted to buy more copies as it was just a beta and subject to any amount of change in the finality so we carried on with 4E in the meantime. Some of the group dont care what edition but most prefer the feel of pathfinder. Interestingly none of our 7 strong group prefer 4E at all after extensive playing (and book buying) which is indicative of the play style of our group i guess.

BeholderBurger

First Post
Drive Thru RP stocks PDF copies of both. I would suggest that downloding both from there would be a good idea -as you can then pass copies of the players guide to your players by email, allowing them to create their characters before the game.

They are both downloadable for free.
3.5 Players Guide
War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga - Player's Guide - EN Publishing | DriveThruRPG.com

3.5 DMs Guide
War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga - Campaign Guide - EN Publishing | DriveThruRPG.com

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much for this dude. Much appreciated.

It could do with really being included on the list of stuff on the subscriber downloads list as well. Thanks again. :D

Blackbrrd

First Post
4E is just not D&D.

I wonder how you ended up with that statement? I am merely curious btw. :)

Interestingly none of our 7 strong group prefer 4E at all after extensive playing (and book buying) which is indicative of the play style of our group i guess.

If none in your group prefer 4E I can see why you are going pathfinder!

(Personally I love 4E, but my experience has mostly been on the DM side. Probably going to continue that way with WoTBS campaign. ;) )

Last edited:

BeholderBurger

First Post
No more juicy arguments than that? ;)

If none in your group prefer 4E I can see why you are going pathfinder! ;)

(Personally I love 4E, but my experience has mostly been on the DM side. Probably going to continue that way with WoTBS campaign. ;) )

As a DM I definitely saw the advantages of 4E for NPC and encounter creation. I will be taking a lot of 4E baggage with me when I start my own pathfinder adventures. Hopefully running WOTBS will keep that day at bay for a long time. ;)

Remove ads