• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Ranger Combat Styles

Hey

So, the archery alternative to TWF rangers is nice and all, but variety is the spice of life. Here's two more Combat Styles your ranger can pick at 2nd level.

Mobile Combat 2nd level: Dodge. 6th level: Mobility. 11th level: Spring Attack.

Mounted Combat 2nd level: Mounted Combat. 6th level: Ride-by Attack. 11th level: Spirited Charge.

Anyone else got anymore? Be sure to note the source of the feat if it's outside the SRD.

Thanks
-Matt

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I think the Ranger should get more powerful Feats than the ones you list.

Mobility Style:
2nd Level: Run
6th Level: Shot on the Run
11th Level: Spring Attack

Wrasslin' Style:
2nd Level: Improved Grapple
6th Level: Improved Bull Rush
11th Level: Stunning Fist

Swashbucklin' Style:
2nd Level: Combat Expertise
6th Level: Mobility
11th Level: Whirlwind Attack

Mounted Style:
2nd Level: Mounted Archery
6th Level: Ride-By Attack
11th Level: Improved Overrun (Trample)

-- Nifft

Staffan

Legend
Corlon said:
combat expertise?
They renamed "expertise" to "combat expertise" in 3.5e. At a glance, a feat named "expertise" leads one to believe it ought to give a skill bonus - at least that's what I thought when I first saw the name in the character generator that came with the PHB.

Technik4

First Post
No offense to anyone, but you have to ensure the feats gained are commensurate with when the ranger gets them.

Gaining Cleave at 6th level or Stunning Fist at 11th is pretty silly. Cleave is most useful at low levels when you fight bunches of things that can be felled in one swing.

Perhaps giving Cleave at Second, Great Cleave at 6th, and Superior Cleave (as the Master Samurai from Sword and Fist).

Technik

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Technik4 said:
No offense to anyone, but you have to ensure the feats gained are commensurate with when the ranger gets them.

Gaining [...] Stunning Fist at 11th is pretty silly.

Considering the requirements of Stunning Fist (especially the "BAB +8" part), I think you're very wrong -- perhaps you're spoiled by Monks who get it exceptionally early.

As has been noted by others, there is a dearth of high-powered high-BAB Feats in the Core rules.

-- Nifft

Technik4

First Post
Hadn't noticed that, I had been thinking of monks getting it at 1st level. There is indeed a lack of high-level feats...oh wait, thats what The Complete Warrior is for!

Technik

Remove ads