• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] The Storm Coast

Giant Boy

Explorer
Lyryc-Round 5 (Just in Case)

I agree with the wood elf, but I do wonder what is in the chamber that your friend, Movarg went into, Oswald.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Theopholis immediately begins to rouse the KO's wizard. He pauses for a second to glance down both hallways. The awkward silence from the north makes him wonder.

Theophilus quickly determines that Ragg's injuries are substantial. Although not in immediate danger of dying, he's not likely to be revived by first aid, either. Either time or else magical healing present themselves as the two most viable options.

Meanwhile, in the outer chamber:

"I have no desire to fight you, Oswald," says Isóriand, holding his blade defensively before him. "And we have no quarrel with Morgav."

Oswald chuckles. "Neither the desire, nor the ability. I'm sure I have substantially less to fear from you two than you two from me."

I agree with the wood elf, but I do wonder what is in the chamber that your friend, Movarg went into, Oswald.

The monk remains leaning against his halberd. "I don't know exactly. Some sort of tomb which he claims hold something of great value. Judging by that last scream I heard, I'd say it hold something rather scary."

Thunder rumbles outside.

"Sounds like the storm is moving away," Oswald says. "Morgav hired me to keep people out of the tower." He looks at the sprawled hobgoblin. "I'm guessing there's not much point to that anymore, and since I've already been paid...."

He spins his halberd up behind his neck and across his shoulders and winks.

"I guess my work here is done. That is, unless either of you want to try to stop me from leaving?"

Rhun

First Post
The elf shakes his head. "We did not come here seeking to make enemies," he says, lowering the longsword. "If you are leaving, then may fair winds speed you on your journey."

Sphyh

First Post
Theopholis shakes his head at Ragg's condition feeling useless to assist the old man. He begins to make his way down the chamber toward the rest of his party. I don't hear and fighting, odd. He thinks to himself as he makes his way to the chamber.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Oswald nods his head and slips out of the tower, hunching his shoulders against the rain, which has lessened to a steady drizzle. Theophilus sidles up to the wood elf and the aasimar.

The adventurers' missing equipment is in the front room, minus a few pieces here and there, all of which are found on the dead hobgoblins. In addition, both hobbos have money purses. One holds five silver pieces and two gold pieces, while the other one holds two silver pieces and three gold. Both sport bits of jewerly made from what look like finger bones and leather cord.

Most interesting, however, are the contents of their belt pouches. Each hobbo had been carrying a slender phial made of smoky glass and stoppered with a wax-sealed cork. Both phials appear to contain the same sort of blue-green liquid.

[sblock=Theophilus]
Did you leave Ragg on the floor in the other room?
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"What is the chance that those vials contain a potion that heals wounds?" asks Isóriand, his voice low as he re-equips himself with his own gear. He keeps the extra longsword as well, just in case. He could always sell the weapon later. "We have all suffered serious wounds...is it worth chancing to drink them?"

Sphyh

First Post
Theopholis sets the aged and injured wizard down softly as he enters the room. He begins to dawn all his gear again. "I hope that's the case. Maybe Ragg could tell us but as you can see he is in no condition to tell us anything." He stops and thinks silently to himself for a second."We could just force feed one to him and if he comes to then we have our answer. Then again it could be a waste or its possible it could even harm him." Theopholis puts the hobs weapon in his pack and then draws his own sword to make sure its clean and that it hasn't been tampered with. He returns it to its sheathe and looks back at the group." "Whatever we do we need to hurry. We know there is at least one other enemy in this place... maybe more and that monk could come back to cause trouble.... Not to mention something was making some terrible screams down the northern corridor." He says with glance to the door to the north.

[sblock=ooc]
i figured id answer ya in character :)

also what is the weapon i picked up off the dead hob exactly? I assume a longsword but idk if u ever specified. Do you want us to keep up with coinage and divide it up IC or....?
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Well, there is only one way to know, and Ragg is in worse shape than any of us..." The elf takes one of the vials and pulls out the stopper with his teeth. He kneels down next to the old wizard, saying a quick prayer to Corellon Larethian. "I hope this works. And if it doesn't, I hope old Ragg can find a way to forgive me in the afterlife." With that, he begins to slowly pour the blue-green liquid down the wizard's throat.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Some of the liquid dribbles out of the corner of Ragg's mouth, but most of it makes it down his throat, triggering a gag reflex. He coughs and sputters and swallows by reflex. Some of his injuries heal by magic, but he is still unconscious.

[sblock=OOC Stuff]
Healing: 2d8+3=6, which translates to 3 lethal and 3 nonlethal.

Ragg has 10 points of damage against a total of 7 hit points.
[/sblock]

Remove ads