D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5e] Will they fix the other H spell?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
hong said:

That's not a bad idea, actually.

Now we're so far that the spell won't even harm him much. A healing spell will heal him of normal damage and of that subdual damage, and instead of dropping dead when confronted with a Wail of the Banshee that did him enough damage to kill him (instead of killing him to the spot), he'll only be unconscious. The enemy won't pay much attention to him anymore, and the's incredibly well off. Why not go along and make characters with that feat immune to mind-affecting spells and effects?

hong

WotC's bitch
KaeYoss said:

Now we're so far that the spell won't even harm him much. A healing spell will heal him of normal damage and of that subdual damage, and instead of dropping dead when confronted with a Wail of the Banshee that did him enough damage to kill him (instead of killing him to the spot), he'll only be unconscious.

Which, for most purposes, is good enough. If the party wins, they revive him, as they would have done anyway with a true res. If they lose, or are forced to retreat, the bad guys fillet him on the spot.

The enemy won't pay much attention to him anymore, and the's incredibly well off.

People also don't tend to pay much attention to you when you're dead.

Why not go along and make characters with that feat immune to mind-affecting spells and effects?

Ah, now you're arguing that disintegrate should be THIRD level. Do continue.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
hong said:
Ah, now you're arguing that disintegrate should be THIRD level. Do continue.

No. In games where fighters can ignore mind-affecting spells, disintegrate should be first level, and available to all spellcasting classes.

hong

WotC's bitch
KaeYoss said:

In games where fighters can ignore mind-affecting spells

I'm unaware of such a game. Can you tell me where to find such a beast? Because I'd like to stuff it and put it in a museum.

Ferox4

First Post
*Ding*

And there goes the bell to end Round 7. KaeYoss looks resolved to stick this one out, hoping for a decision from the judges. Hong, on the other hand, is still throwing more punches, but mostly they are taunting jabs and not doing much damage. The end of this bout should be a good one. Stay tuned. And now a word from our sponsor - EN World.

(Commentator to his producer) Where is Saarland anyway?:p

hong

WotC's bitch
Ferox4 said:
*Ding*

And there goes the bell to end Round 7. KaeYoss looks resolved to stick this one out, hoping for a decision from the judges. Hong, on the other hand, is still throwing more punches, but mostly they are taunting jabs and not doing much damage.

Blame Kaeyoss for not actually saying anything and thus opening himself for a FINISHING BLOW.

(Commentator to his producer) Where is Saarland anyway?:p

I think it's where Saarkraut comes from.

Remove ads