D&D 5E 3 Classic Settings Coming To 5E?

On the D&D Celebration – Sunday, Inside the D&D Studio with Liz Schuh and Ray Winninger, Winninger said that WotC will be shifting to a greater emphasis on settings in the coming years. This includes three classic settings getting active attention, including some that fans have been actively asking for. He was cagey about which ones, though. The video below is an 11-hour video, but the...

On the D&D Celebration – Sunday, Inside the D&D Studio with Liz Schuh and Ray Winninger, Winninger said that WotC will be shifting to a greater emphasis on settings in the coming years.

This includes three classic settings getting active attention, including some that fans have been actively asking for. He was cagey about which ones, though.

The video below is an 11-hour video, but the information comes in the last hour for those who want to scrub through.

Additionally, Liz Schuh said there would be more anthologies, as well as more products to enhance game play that are not books.

Winninger mentioned more products aimed at the mainstream player who can't spend immense amount of time absorbing 3 tomes.

Ray and Liz confirmed there will be more Magic: The Gathering collaborations.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
To be clear: I don't think anyone is shallow for liking the setting. It's simply not to my preferences or liking due to my aforementioned reasons. I certainly have not insulted anyone for whatever opinions that they hold about the setting.
Oh, don't worry. I'm shallow for so many other reasons than what settings I like. :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Congratulations, you have bad taste.
Mod Note:

If you want an opening line that cheeses off the reader such that they don't really pay attention to the rest of what you have to say, this is it.

Next time, aim for less witty snarky judgmental phrasing, and don't make it personal, please.

This argument also reeks of snobbery, just so you know. Glass houses and rocks, sir.
I mean, how so? I don't see the snobbery in that post. I mean, I get your point re: rude, I was trying to funny but missed the mark. Re: sobbery though I'm not saying I or anyone is too good for Ravnica, contrary to Aldarc's (who I usually agree with) comments re: Planescape, which clearly indicate some serious "looking down the nose" (I mean, it's pretty much impossible to even use the word "sophomoric" about something without a sneer on one's face, let alone "sophistry"!). On the contrary, I might too low-brow for Ravnica. But I am pointing out that:

A) Ravnica already exists. So there's no competition with it and Planescape.

and

B) Ravnica is not hugely popular, so it's not like Planescape would be damaging some future demand for Ravnica content.

Which I felt like were implied concerns. I do think if Ravnica was pretty damn popular and people were saying "I want more Ravnica material", then there would be a bit of a genuine conflict, because clearly for some people Ravnica hits some of the same notes (though PS has constantly been suggested as a potential MtG setting for, what, decades?).

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I mean, how so? I don't see the snobbery in that post. I mean, I get your point re: rude, I was trying to funny but missed the mark. Re: sobbery though I'm not saying I or anyone is too good for Ravnica, contrary to Aldarc's (who I usually agree with) comments re: Planescape, which clearly indicate some serious "looking down the nose" (I mean, it's pretty much impossible to even use the word "sophomoric" about something without a sneer on one's face, let alone "sophistry"!). On the contrary, I might too low-brow for Ravnica. But I am pointing out that:

A) Ravnica already exists. So there's no competition with it and Planescape.

and

B) Ravnica is not hugely popular, so it's not like Planescape would be damaging some future demand for Ravnica content.

Which I felt like were implied concerns. I do think if Ravnica was pretty damn popular and people were saying "I want more Ravnica material", then there would be a bit of a genuine conflict, because clearly for some people Ravnica hits some of the same notes (though PS has constantly been suggested as a potential MtG setting for, what, decades?).

I mean, calling someone a snob is something snobs themselves do.

I mean, calling someone a snob is something snobs themselves do.
Oh if that's all, fair but also people who aren't snobs do that. And people who say they're not snobs? Definitely snobs.

For the record, I am a snob about loads of things. Like '00s music. Maybe that was the point and @Umbran just didn't quote that bit?

Just not particularly about Ravnica AFAIK.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Oh if that's all, fair but also people who aren't snobs do that. And people who say they're not snobs? Definitely snobs.

For the record, I am a snob about loads of things. Like '00s music. Maybe that was the point and @Umbran just didn't quote that bit?

Just not particularly about Ravnica AFAIK.

I think the broader point behind the mods is "Don't call people rude names." You can disagree with people without resorting to name-calling, and when you do it makes it look like your can't make a good argument without attacking people.

I think the broader point behind the mods is "Don't call people rude names." You can disagree with people without resorting to name-calling, and when you do it makes it look like your can't make a good argument without attacking people.
I'm not arguing with the mod action re: being rude. You don't argue with red text dude.

I'm asking about the snobbery on my part, which was not red text, specifically. I felt pretty personally attacked by "sophomoric" and "sophistry" and so on though - I feel like it's fair to pick that up as a very sneering kind of argument.

Remove ads

Remove ads