[3.x] 3rd Party Hidden gems?

DMH

First Post
Thanks for the link to the OGL wiki!

Another series that I don't see mentioned often is Bits of the Wilderness from Tabletop. They are just descriptions of locations or events to make GMs lives a bit easier. I love the forest, plains and swamps files and found the rest to be useful.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Sorry for slightly derailing the thread but ... "Hot pursuit: on foot" sounds exactly like what I'm looking for for an adventure I plan to play soon. Is there any way to get a PDF version of this book (how long is it, by the way)? I checked on various online RPG shops and couldn't find it anywhere.

More interesting news about Hot Pursuit and Pathfinder if you don't read the Publishers' forum: Adamant Entertainment has announced the Tome of Secrets for Pathfinder RPG, being released at GenCon. It looks like it will have OGL versions of several classes from non-OGC WotC books (re-envisionings, must be) and other rules -- including chases. Looks like this might be a new hidden gem coming out soon, we'll see!

Just picked up Tome_of_Secrets today and took a quick look through it. Lo and Behold, Tome of Secrets doesn't just have chase rules in it, it basically has a word for word re-print of Hot Pursuit! (The chapter is even called "Hot Pursuit".:D) I didn't thoroughly read it yet, so I don't know what parts are Pathfinderized, but Pathfinder is completely backward compatible so it should work just fine for any 3E/3.5E or Pathfinder game. IMO, the original rules were generic and easy enough to work with any system anyways, probably even 4E.

On top of that, it basically has a reprint of Adamant's Skillful Stunts included in it also. The book is chock full of awesome goodies. Whether you're playing Pathfinder or not, practically everything in there should be useable with 3E/3.5E.

IMO, it definitely deserves a spot on the 3rd party hidden gems list.:cool:

Last edited:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
It's not really hidden, since it just came out, but I wouldn't ever run another 3.x campaign if it weren't for Trailbalzer.

Yeah, I just picked that up also. Haven't read all the way through yet, but I did start reading it last night. So Far, So (Very) Good!

If someone left or has stayed away from 3E/3.5E because of balance problems and difficulty with the rules - I guarantee that either Trailblazer or Pathfinder will fix it for you. And because of Pathfinder, some of those 3pp hidden gems may be coming back again, some even with extras.

OGL Forever!:cool:

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Now with twice the balz!

Typos sure make it hard for me to find threads about my products. :p
Well, of course. When the naked barabarian with a greataxe kills the great wyrm dragon, he's very obviously got twice the balz of most armies. ;)

At least I got the url correct. Be greatful for small favors. :p

But seriously, thank you for making such an excellent compilation of ideas and tweaks. The general elegance and balance of the rules really inspires. I'm trying to get together the schedule to actually play a campaign. (After vehemently swearing off 3.x, and enforcing it.)

Remove ads