• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isoChron

First Post
No sorry, I don't know Lord if the Iron Fortress. I got that damn thing (Morningstar of violence was it called) along with a cursed belt of Charisma (switch gender) as an award at a demonic fortunewheel ... has something to do with a weird version of the weird Takeshi's Castle. Demons got us as protagonists in their game ... Another story ... Sorry for being OT.

Bye

Stalker0

Legend
I don't like the Tempuswolf method of doing the wolverine. To me, an animal flies into a rage so that it can kill the danger as quickly as possible. IT doesn't do it so that it can allow itself to be mauled by other people.

Its an animal, animal's fight to live. It ain't going to run around other people with big clubs while trying to chase one guy.

Marius

First Post
Stalker0 said:
I don't like the Tempuswolf method of doing the wolverine. To me, an animal flies into a rage so that it can kill the danger as quickly as possible. IT doesn't do it so that it can allow itself to be mauled by other people.

Its an animal, animal's fight to live. It ain't going to run around other people with big clubs while trying to chase one guy.

I think that's where the term "Blind Rage" comes from. It can't pick and choose a target, because its just a hurricane of teeth, and claws.

aliensex

First Post
Just have it switch to whomever struck it last. Every enemy that attacks and hits it then becomes the new target of its rage. Its both focused (an OPPONENT who damages it) and chaotic, since it is a rage.

IceBear

Explorer
Exactly. That's what I meant by "roleplaying" it like Tempuswolf.

The goblin hits the wolverine PC and he then falls into a rage. He should do everything in his power to rend that goblin into hamburger. So, he should focus on that opponent. If, however, the other goblins hit it too then they would also be the focus of its rage. No more goblins attacking it = no more rage.

If the PC had waited for the rage to end (maybe a round or so after the goblins had been killed) then I would have allowed the wolverine to interact with her rationally. If she was *perceived* as a threat while the wolverine was in a murderous rage, then all bets are off.

Again, if we read the rules too strictly on this (ie, remove choice from the wolverine's actions) we can get some bad metagaming going on.

IceBear

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
IceBear said:
If the PC had waited for the rage to end (maybe a round or so after the goblins had been killed) then I would have allowed the wolverine to interact with her rationally. If she was *perceived* as a threat while the wolverine was in a murderous rage, then all bets are off.

Yeah, that's what killed me about watching all this happen during our game. If the PC had just waiting ONE round before approaching, none of it would have happened.

Ah, well.

Marius

First Post
Lucius Foxhound said:

Yeah, that's what killed me about watching all this happen during our game. If the PC had just waiting ONE round before approaching, none of it would have happened.

Ah, well.

I think the description made it pretty clear the player forged ahead with a terrible decision, despite being warned against doing so, to their own detriment. Its tempting to go on a suicide run when something doesn't go your way, but be prepared to face the consequences.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Personally, I would have given her the opportunity to take back the initial approach, probably with the added words "he still seems quite riled up, are you sure you want to just wander over to him?".

I wouldn't have left it until she'd actually been attacked.

Marius

First Post
Saeviomagy said:
Personally, I would have given her the opportunity to take back the initial approach, probably with the added words "he still seems quite riled up, are you sure you want to just wander over to him?".

I wouldn't have left it until she'd actually been attacked.

The post said "You don't have to fight, there IS another way", etc etc, from the DM, but the player forged ahead anyway. Poor decision on the players part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads