• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isoChron

First Post
smetzger said:

dang you, please when your are going to post a spoiler put a warning.

What spoiler ????
I do NOT know anything about Lord of the Iron Fortress is a spoiler ?
What I described was an adventure written by a friend of mine and has nothing to do with any other adventure I know about.

Personally, I as, the rest of the party, wouldn't have bothered to raise said new PC. Why would we? Who says it was friendly? Only person there was the wolverine and he was busy raging. Obviously HE thought this mystery person needed killing at the time. Did you raise any of the goblins?

That and anyone stupid enough to approach a frothing at the mouth wolverine that just killed a half-dozen goblins deserves stayin' dead for a while.

Instead I would have suggested that around the next corner we find the *REAL* new party member, almost identical except for the hair style, who is smart enough not to approach a raging wolverin that just killed a half dozen goblins.

Asheron

First Post
Originally posted by smetzger

dang you, please when your are going to post a spoiler put a warning.

I think you meant me, but hey.......I don't see it as a spoiler, when you find an item or something like that hasn't got anything to do with the quest itself......

Shard O'Glase

First Post
About the raging wolvering thing. I don't think much meta-gaming occured hered when it helped out and approached the wolverine. It's not jsut a wolverine going off, its a wolverine with wings, ripping a pack of goblins to shreds. This just screams intelligent creatue in wolverine clothes so much its pathetic. Unless winged wolverines are a normal animal in your worlds.

And yeah maybe the wolverine would attack the new person. But wisdom check DC18 why don't you just say it attacks. How about a spot check, to notice the help in the fight, or a wisdom check DC 7-8. It may be a berserk wolveine but it also has a normal players Int, wis, chr(IIRC it was a reincarnated wolverine) I think it can fairly easily distinguish friend from foe, and notice a helping hand in a fight. And if it can distinguish friend form foe(and nothing in the description says otherwise) it knows when the goblins are dead, and some elf showing up probably isn't an enemy so it should just drop out of the rage IMO.

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
I think that such a creature would keep a mental check list of everthing that had damaged it and would stay berzerk until all of those beings were dead or beyond reach. It would have a strong proclivity to attack those that were closest, or which had harmed it the most, but it's overall goal would be to destory the group as a whole in the quickest and most violent way possible.

In this particular case, the newcomer had not damaged the wolverine. Thus the wolverine would not attack her if there were still goblins near; and it would calm down if there were not.

Personally, this sounds like the DM saying "You meta-game, you die", and then interpreting the rules to make his point.

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
Tom Cashel said:
If that's the case, why would I give the new PC a chance to not attack when she stated that she would?

Although I hate Tom Cashel with all my being (one game, he actually served us slimy carrots and made us eat them), he's right in this case. He even asked the player, "Are you sure you want to threaten this wolverine?" ... giving her a chance to try and think in-character for a second.

Still, those slimy carrots are a compelling argument against Tom.

PS Hey Tom! Why'd you edit our your original post? You getting a bit wacky with this whole "time altering" thing I think.

Last edited:

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
Yikes! Tom's down with only d4 HP left! And he got NO SAVE! (since 'dems the correct rules on Harm) :)

Hong, we've got to try and keep this thread alive... in Tom's memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads