• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3D mapping program suggestions?

Mean DM

Explorer
Given that Overseer (RO and CO3D) are dead, what other programs are out there than can fill in the gap? I don't want to spend tones of money or time, but I'm very interested if anyone has any suggestions for other programs (Aurora NWN?). Thanx for your help!

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Campaign Cartographer has an add-on called Prespectives Pro.

You can also check out some game editors, MicroSoft has a D&Dish game Dungeon Siege that has a free one.

Last edited:

evildmguy

Explorer
Overseeer is unfortunately dead.

However

It still works. Yes, it does take some work, especially if you want to use symbols that they didn't do. It does limit you but it also creates the 3D image.

I toyed with the idea of using NWN or Dungeon Siege to create a 3D map. However, it is a LOT of work! It gets worse, imo, when you are trying to convert something from an existing map because now you have to do twice as much work!

However, I am biased because I use CC2 and like that this program converts my maps for me, instead of me needing to do more work.

Having said all of that, I would gladly support a company that wanted to create a new version of RO!

I know this didn't help you find something new. I think that's because I haven't seen any better choices. That's just me, though.

Have a good one! Take care!

edg

Mean DM

Explorer
evildmguy said:
I know this didn't help you find something new. I think that's because I haven't seen any better choices. That's just me, though.
Well, I think you helped actually;) . Your point that it is still a cool program despite its being dead (in term of development) is a good one. I emailed the company and I got a quick response from Max. He informed me that they are still selling and doing technical support for both programs. He also said that CO is compatible with CC Pro. I think I just may pick up the program. While not perfect, it does what I want it to.

Cheers,

Mark

Remove ads