D&D 5E 3d printed dungeons

tk32

First Post
I wanted to post some of my dungeons I've begun printing: 20161210_145421.jpg20161210_145426.jpg20161210_145432.jpg

This is the first one I had created. I have done two others, One i'm not sure where the pictures are, but, I've got one in play right now I'll take pics of as well. These are all based on Fat Dragons Games Dragon Lock 3d print models. Using a $400 3d printer and on the table is around 50 - $65 worth of printed plastic.

There's traps, doors, angled doors, timberframe modular houses, and keep tiles that I've Printed so far... So far, my players seem to really enjoy it and are willing to contribute some cash to the purchase of plastic for the dungeons. :) If I stay on top of it I can do about 8-12 pieces in a 24 hour period of decent quality and strength.

manduck

Explorer
Very cool! I'm glad to see people taking advantage of 3d printers. Do you create the models to print from yourself? I like seeing creative stuff like this. Plus it goes a long way in really enhancing the game for your group.

Battle Sloth

First Post
You can do about 8-12 pieces a day, how many are you able to print at a time and how big is your print bed, if you don't mind me asking? I have a pretty small printer so i doubt I can fit more than two pieces at a time.

Oofta

Legend
Do you design your own models (and in what designer)?

I've thought about doing something like this ... probably not on quite as grand a scale. But while I'm reasonably competent, I've never used any kind of 3D cad/cam tool. How hard is it?

Oofta

Legend
Oh, and how did you do the Giant Coffee Mug of Doom that's obviously prominent to the story. It looks just like a real coffee mug? :D

tk32

First Post
Very cool! I'm glad to see people taking advantage of 3d printers. Do you create the models to print from yourself? I like seeing creative stuff like this. Plus it goes a long way in really enhancing the game for your group.

Lots of questions, going to answer in order they were received... There you go, I'm my own customer service department too.

I agree 3d printing is going to change the world. I wish I had some fair amount of money to invest in the industry it's close to replicators on star trek, and I think the technology will be the next tech revolution on the scale of the internet revolution.

That said, I am not artistic at drawing, I can tell a great Dnd story, and draft many of my own storylines and would like to be a published fiction writing author, but stick figures are difficult for me to draw, so 3d designing things is really difficult for me. However, there's many thousands of artists out there designing printable models. I purchased these models through Fat Dragon Games. All of his 3d printer models are on Drivethrurpg.com.

I purchased everything he designed through his kickstarter campaigns.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases