D&D 5E 3d printed dungeons

tk32

First Post
The gaming table under the 3d prints I showed, is a 10' x 6' or so battle mat. I then use a 1/4" sheet of plexiglas over the battle mat. Then for overland stuff I use dry erase to scale out a town or just overland grass / trees, etc.

Nothing too exciting for general stuff, then for dungeons, or buildings, I reuse and rearrange the pieces the way I need them for each dungeon. In the process of doing second story. One of the scenes will be a massive epic battle at an inn while the PCs are sleeping they'll need to don armor and take up weapons against a massive black dragon and cult assassins sent to kill the PCs and send the sword coast into dismay and leave the land hopeless. The battle will center around the inn. So I'm printing the inn, which are timberframe walls or fieldstone (Have both options now), and doors to each of the rooms, roof, shingles, etc...

The inn could take up half the table if I scale it properly. So, And then those pieces can be reused to build multiple small homes to simulate a village or town. :)

I store the pieces in bins. I've got 200 cavern pieces that I've set aside for now, but will be reusing for a catacombs. In future campaigns they could be rearranged into multiple levels and /or to simulate castles, etc. Plus there's interior furnishings, beds, dressers, desks, chairs, benches, multiple types of tables, traps, piles of gold, treasure chests, mimic chests, Sack, crates, and many other furnishings and dressings.

Paint what you want, and leave the rest the original color. Cost is a little more than I would like it, but, once I've got enough pieces printed, the cost goes to none because they're all reusable. :)

Remove ads