D&D 5E The Printers Can't Handle WotC's One D&D Print Runs!

"Our print runs are pretty darn big" says Jeremy Crawford

15692108293125663812.jpeg

One of the reasons why the three new core rulebooks next year will not be released together is because D&D is such a juggernaut that the printers can't actually handle the size of the print runs!

Jeremy Crawford told Polygon "Our print runs are pretty darn big and printers are telling us you can’t give us these three books at the same time.” And Chris Perkins added that "The print runs we’re talking about are massive. That’s been not only true of the core books, but also Tasha’s Cauldron. It’s what we call a high-end problem."

Oofta

Legend
Oh great, now you're engaging in precipitation warring! I'll have you know that snow is more fun than rain, and just as wet, if you give it a while.
Now for my money, you can't beat sleet. Wet and cold and make the roads treacherous to drive one? It's a trifecta!

Oofta

Legend
And when it's particularly windy and the sleet goes kinda sideways and right into your eye?

With apologies to Dean Martin's "That's Amore" that's stuck in my head because of my sister's fondness for old movies...

When the sleet hits your eye
Like a cold ice cream pie, that's a sleet storm
When the ice is as smooth as glass
And you fall on your ass, that's a sleet storm

Zardnaar

Legend
How is that claim edition warring anyway? It’s in no way claiming superiority in any direction. Saying that 5e is the best selling version of DnD is like saying rain is wet.

Depending on how it's phrased maybe.

As I said it's plausible a 5E splat book has outsold some other editions core books.

I wouldn't claim that myself due to lack of evidence.

I don't mind the price rises as it's understandable. I won't be paying those prices without a trusted review vases on WotC recent efforts.

I'll pay it for quality equal to earlier work eg the phb, Xanathars, Eberron etc.

Remove ads

Remove ads