3E/Pathfinder Conversion of the Vampire Bestiary

eduar

First Post
U_K, Will you make a review of Mythic Adventures? I been waiting for this.

Also how are your plans going so far?

Last edited:

Ant Hill: Oh! Duh. Yeah, you can have a "summon monster" trap. I guess this could be treated as a non-magical "summon monster" trap, and the rope snare as a non-magical "entangle" trap.

Still not entirely sure how to CR it, since magic traps are harder to detect...

Howdy eduar amigo! :)

eduar said:
U_K, Will you make a review of Mythic Adventures? I been waiting for this.

I will certainly do a review. However, I don't have the book yet. If I don't see it in town on Wednesday (when I'm next in shopping) I'll order it online. So give me a week or so to get it and a week or so more to go over it and list my thoughts.

Also how are your plans going so far?

As usual, terrible. Although there is a specific reason for this (at the moment) and I'll explain that in a few weeks time (its work related...and no its nothing bad but it is a bit distracting).

Hey Khisanth matey! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
Ant Hill: Oh! Duh. Yeah, you can have a "summon monster" trap. I guess this could be treated as a non-magical "summon monster" trap, and the rope snare as a non-magical "entangle" trap.

Still not entirely sure how to CR it, since magic traps are harder to detect...

When in doubt, guess it. :p

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I was pleasantly surprised by the Mythic book. It's power level takes a sharper up-swing than I expected, and it's quite dramatic in what it offers. I think it works very well as a very-limited form of U_K's old divinity templates.

Alzrius said:
I was pleasantly surprised by the Mythic book. It's power level takes a sharper up-swing than I expected, and it's quite dramatic in what it offers. I think it works very well as a very-limited form of U_K's old divinity templates.

I was hoping the power-level would shoot up (and it would at least go up to about Demigod level to match 4E). I'm hoping to get the book tomorrow in town (didn't get into town last week).

Maybe an Epic Bestiary conversion to the Mythic Rules will be a viable thing after all.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I was hoping the power-level would shoot up (and it would at least go up to about Demigod level to match 4E). I'm hoping to get the book tomorrow in town (didn't get into town last week).

I'm not quite sure that it gets up to demigod level, but it's meant to be close. According to the book, each mythic tier is supposed to be half-a-level's worth of abilities in terms of what sort of CR a character can handle, so your level 6/mythic tier 2 character is equal to a CR 6 creature (since in Pathfinder, having X number of PC levels makes you Challenge Rating [X-1]).

That said, demigods are supposed to be CR 30, so your level 20/tier 10 character is still going to be "reaching up" to fight a demigod.

Maybe an Epic Bestiary conversion to the Mythic Rules will be a viable thing after all.

Given that the mythic tiers don't raise the power level quite up to demigod, I wouldn't go that far.

Hey Alzrius amigo! :)

Okay, picked up the book today unfortunately I had to swing by the opticians and get my pupils dilated so my vision is a tad blurrier than usual plus I need to work the next two nights so I probably won't get a solid read at it until Thursday.

That said, I have skimmed over the pages and my early impressions are that it looks hit and miss (on a per chapter basis). The monster chapter is horrendous - I can't imagine why they green-lit that, big disappointment (even if the art is gorgeous).

But I'll reserve my final thoughts until after I have examined it in detail.

On the other hand, mythic characters can grant spells (starting at 3rd tier!), and become immortal unless killed by artifacts (at 10th tier) so they sort of ARE demigod-level in some ways.

And the KIND of stuff it lets you do is actually extremely impressive in a lot of places... especially some of the augmented mythic spell effects (baleful polymorph with a 1-mile-radius area...) - they're really expensive in terms of mythic power, but super impressive.

I agree the mythic monsters are kinda underwhelming.

It's very much geared toward mixing mythic levels in with regular levels, not just adding them on at the end... the sample adventure is 7th-level/3rd-tier. (And it's very cool, with mythic dinosaurs...)

It's really cool, but it's not the Pathfinder ELH.

Remove ads