3E/Pathfinder Conversion of the Vampire Bestiary

Hey Khisanth matey! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
OK, not sure exactly how the half-undead thing would work, but check the Deathwalker statblock I sent, see what you think...

To be honest I am not sure myself. :D

I emailed you yesterday. ;)

I'd say:

3HD base = Crazy
3HD +1 Ranger = Sniper
3HD +2 Ranger = Headhunter
3HD +3 Fighter = Impaler
5HD half-undead = Deathwalker
3HD +7 Sorceror = Witchdoctor
3HD +8 Fighter = Chief
Rabid = template (equal to +4 CR)
5HD half-undead +9 Cleric = Spirit Chief

Why are the levels so high? The Chief and Spirit Chief are Elite 4 and 5 in 4e; those levels would probably make the PF versions CR ~8-9 and ~10-11. Isn't that a bit high?

It's ultimately your decision of course, but I'd suggest, if you want to stick with PC classes only, (leaving the base HD as is) Sniper = 1st-level Rogue, Headhunter = 1st-level Ranger, Impaler = 2nd-level Fighter, Witchdoctor = 3rd-level Sorcerer, Chief = 4th-level Fighter, Spirit Chief = 5th-level Cleric.

If using NPC classes then Headhunter = 2nd-level Warrior, Witchdoctor = 4th-level Adept.

Hiya mate! :)

Why are the levels so high? The Chief and Spirit Chief are Elite 4 and 5 in 4e; those levels would probably make the PF versions CR ~8-9 and ~10-11. Isn't that a bit high?

It's ultimately your decision of course, but I'd suggest, if you want to stick with PC classes only, (leaving the base HD as is) Sniper = 1st-level Rogue, Headhunter = 1st-level Ranger, Impaler = 2nd-level Fighter, Witchdoctor = 3rd-level Sorcerer, Chief = 4th-level Fighter, Spirit Chief = 5th-level Cleric.

If using NPC classes then Headhunter = 2nd-level Warrior, Witchdoctor = 4th-level Adept.

My initial suggestion does seem a bit high in fairness. I was forgetting the effect of the 3 HD.

I think your fix is better.

OK, did you see my base cannibal stat block?

And are you converting the rest of them, or only the animals and I should do the rest?

And (sorry) what is the progress on the vol 1 Maps and/or Temple of Death?

Hey Khisanth matey! :)

OK, did you see my base cannibal stat block?

Yes I did, thanks very much. ;)

And are you converting the rest of them, or only the animals and I should do the rest?

Any Pathfinder conversions I tackle will have to wait until after the re-release of Vol.1 and the release of Vol.2 of the Vampire Bestiary. For anyone else that would just be a few weeks work, but for me, who knows... :eek:

And (sorry) what is the progress on the vol 1 Maps and/or Temple of Death?

Well I had to take a bit of overtime at work to help pay off the eye surgery, so that messed me about a bit. But I have this whole week free. So I should get it done within the next 5 days.

Someone asked me to finish Asmodeus on the website, so I'll tackle that tonight. I should have all the maps (for Vol.1 at least) finished later this week.

Any Pathfinder conversions I tackle will have to wait until after the re-release of Vol.1 and the release of Vol.2 of the Vampire Bestiary. For anyone else that would just be a few weeks work, but for me, who knows... :eek:

OK, I'll see if I can send a few more before then...

Someone asked me to finish Asmodeus on the website, so I'll tackle that tonight.

Looking forward to seeing the final Aeshma-Deva...

I should have all the maps (for Vol.1 at least) finished later this week.

Cool!

OK, I'll see if I can send a few more before then...

I appreciate the help mate, but take your time with these...you know what i am like by now. :eek:

Looking forward to seeing the final Aeshma-Deva...

http://eternitypublishing.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/aeshma-deva-unleashed/

I uploaded it yesterday but its a bit rubbish. Not happy with the design at all. However, I did some more brainstorming last night and I'll make some changes in a few days and it'll be a heck of a lot better. ;()

OK, I'm a bit confused about Asmodeus/Aeshma-Deva. Asmodeus is listed as Level 33 Solo, Telocvovim is Level 29 Solo, Aeshma-Deva is Level 34 Super-Solo. Does Aeshma-Deva's stat block actually get used multiple times or is he just called Super-Solo due to the 2 previous stat blocks?

Is it:
Asmodeus (initial form, with Rod) -> Asmodeus (Rod in ground)
Telocvovim (after Rod is destroyed) probably fighting alongside Asmodeus (without Rod)
Telocvovim fighting alongside Aeshma-Deva (after Asmodeus is killed)

so 3 total stat blocks (Asmodeus, Telocvovim, Aeshma-Deva) each only used once?

And what level does the whole thing convert to? (If it were a single monster...) and is the 'whole being' considered a Greater god or an Elder god?

Also, I haven't forgotten the whole conversion thing but internet/e-mail is slow here... will send several stat blocks once I get back to better Internet (probably Sunday or Monday).

Also also ... I'm not sure what to do about the animal stat blocks, given we already have official stat blocks for a Leopard and Dire Crocodile.

(Yeah, a leopard isn't a jaguar, but they'd probably differ only by +2 Str / -2 Dex; a jaguar is more heavily built.)

Remove ads