3k gp limit for available items?

You can always have a magic item Sundered, stolen, lost when you fall into a river, or even captured (and get most of your stuff back).

Of course, you could make only 40% of items available in the shop, or some other %-age.

And if your PCs go visit a high level wizard to make a Vorpal Sword, guess which wizard didn't take Craft Magic Arms and Armor?

prodawg

First Post
I think you are refering to phb pg 96 under availability. It states, "the general rule is that you can buy anything that cost up to 3,000 gp." This of course is bound by dmg's set limit based on town size and DM's discretion. I hope that answers your question.

kreynolds

First Post
prodawg said:
This of course is bound by dmg's set limit based on town size and DM's discretion.

You wouldn't happen to be referring to the information presented on page 137, Table 4-40, Community Wealth and Population, DMG, would you? Hey, a repeat is always nice. ;)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
So you jast want the guys spend insane sums of gold for really nice shiny, expensive things, a belt of giant strength +6 the cheapest of all? And they're only in a hamlet where half the populace couldn't write the word magic to save their grampa?

Just let them go by some old shop and make them feel that this one will have what they need. Once inside the shop they find that it doesn't look the same from the inside: if a wizard turns on her detect magic, she will be dazzled for a couple of minutes, the rest will be dazzled anyway, since everything is polished to a shine! I think in some old AD&D source material they had those buggers: were called Aurora Shops, Shops that teleport themselves through space and time to better attract customers.
After they walk out of it, they hear a "poof" and the shoppe will be gone. Until they radiate shopping addiction the next time, in the next town.....

The concept exists even on Discworld. That's where Cohan the Barbarian got his dentures :D

Remove ads