3rd E. Multiple attack

UlteriorModem

First Post
Disregarding magical enhancements and fightnig with two weapons, at what point does a pc recieve multiple attacks per round ?
According to the rule book "If you get more than one attack per action because youre base attack bonus is high enough,..." (p124 CR1 "Full Attack")
But Ill be darned if I can find where it says what is "high enough" !

Barovan

First Post
Look on the class tables, you will see that when ever a class gets a Basa Attack Bonues (BAB) of +6 they get a second attack at +1.

Barovan

hong

WotC's bitch
Also, if you're a monk and you're using your unarmed attacks, you get an additional attack at every +3 of base attack bonus. Thus +4/+1, +7/+4/+1, etc.

Personally, I think the unarmed attack progression thing causes more trouble than it's worth. But that's just me. :)

Jeremy

Explorer
Yup. Barovan is correct.

Basically whenever you can substract 5 from your base attack and still have a whole number, that's another attack. Base attack mind you, not total attack bonus from strength, proficiency, magical items, etc.

So if you had base attack 14, you could take 5 from that and have 9 which would be another attack, and you could further take 5 from that and have 4 which would be a third attack. But since 4-5= -1, you'll have to wait 2 more levels for that 4th attack.

So 14 comes out to +14/+9/+4.

Bagpuss

Legend
Although you can get extra attacks earlier via Feats or just using two weapons.

For example you could have 3 attacks on your action at first level using Rapid Shot.

If you include AoO you can have a load of attacks at first level with Combat Reflexes if the enemies are daft enough to give you the opportunity.

Remove ads