3PP Release (3rd Party Book Release) Paranormal Power: A Psionics Option for 5e and A5e, written by Steampunkette!

Everyone I've talked about has talked about the "Kickstarter U". Lots of subs the first few days tapering off to practically nothing after 10 days, then shooting back up in the last 2-4 days.

I think I have a very shallow U is what it is. Day 1 was $1,600, then $1,000, then about $500 every day since. And days where we didn't get $500 we made up the difference the next day. At one point we had a $200 day and I was like "There's the lull!" and then the next day was $800 so I just...

I dunno! Whatever's happening, I like it. I hope it happens to all my future Kickstarters, too. I'm planning two more, already.
You mentioned Martial Artistry to me a couple weeks ago. I am assuming that this is one of the two Kickstarters you are planning on. What's the other one, inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
You mentioned Martial Artistry to me a couple weeks ago. I am assuming that this is one of the two Kickstarters you are planning on. What's the other one, inquiring minds want to know. ;)
"The Lands Beyond: A Regional Anthology"

With additional anthologies coming out later flavored toward specific campaign settings/themes.

So the first book will have to be pretty massive and cover tons of biomes and concepts and identities... and then smaller secondary releases like "The Kingdoms of Night" or "Faerie Courts and Castles" focusing on a specific cluster of ideas.

"The Lands Beyond: A Regional Anthology"

With additional anthologies coming out later flavored toward specific campaign settings/themes.

So the first book will have to be pretty massive and cover tons of biomes and concepts and identities... and then smaller secondary releases like "The Kingdoms of Night" or "Faerie Courts and Castles" focusing on a specific cluster of ideas.
This kind of reminds me of the Character Region section in the 3e Forgotten Realms Campaign setting (pages 28-32). :)

From the book: A character in the Forgotten Realms campaign is more than just a class and race. Your homeland determines in part your personality, your outlook, and what sort of abilities you have. In game terms, character regions encourage you to take a class relevant to that region's culture, allow you to learn special feats appropriate to your region, and enable you to start out with extra equipment based on the way people in the region live. Every character has the opportunity to choose a region during the character creation process.

This is now Culture in Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition, but in a pretty generic and world neutral way. Will your new book contain new cultures and backgrounds? curious

Steampunkette

Supporter
This kind of reminds me of the Character Region section in the 3e Forgotten Realms Campaign setting (pages 28-32). :)

From the book: A character in the Forgotten Realms campaign is more than just a class and race. Your homeland determines in part your personality, your outlook, and what sort of abilities you have. In game terms, character regions encourage you to take a class relevant to that region's culture, allow you to learn special feats appropriate to your region, and enable you to start out with extra equipment based on the way people in the region live. Every character has the opportunity to choose a region during the character creation process.

This is now Culture in Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition, but in a pretty generic and world neutral way. Will your new book contain new cultures and backgrounds? curious
The current plan is to create maps of a region with cultures, customs, histories, neighbors, etc... and then not do anything with the neighboring kingdoms. JUST the given region itself. And the next entry be a wholly unconnected additional region. And another. And another.

There's been talk of doing it as a group effort in the designer's discord, and on the forums here, and comments and suggestions about creating player-facing materials like archetypes and origins, yeah.

Basically the intent is to create a work that can be viewed as a "Complete Episodic Campaign Setting" in which adventurers go from area to area for differently themed adventures like Star Trek as a fantasy game.

Or... as a "Campaign Setting Seed". Where you can take entire societies and cultures and plop them into the fringes of your own settings as "Lands Beyond", or take one of these realms as the start of a campaign and expand outward from there, using it as a strong base on which to anchor your own setting.

You have noble (imo) stretch goals. Maybe that's why?
That, and probably also the fact that there's no "feature creep": some kickstarters have stretch goals that require more and more design, and that's a thing that can make a bit uncertain the delivery time.
These stretch goals, like the ones typical of ENP, shouldn't alter significantly the expected delivery time (at least they don't add uncertainty in terms of features implementation, testing etc): the product will already be 100% usable just after the campaign ends, and the extra art will improve the product but not change it functionally. Like a nice free "DLC"

Question: I was assuming the PDF will be available shortly after the KS is complete. However, with the art stretch goals , what does that do to the delivery of PDF and physical rewards?

Steampunkette

Supporter
Question: I was assuming the PDF will be available shortly after the KS is complete. However, with the art stretch goals , what does that do to the delivery of PDF and physical rewards?
If we do not hit $35,000 the pdfs and books will go out once the kickstarter ends. The Stretch Goal Art will be released as a PDF as soon as it is completed, digitally distributed through DriveThruRPG.

If we reach $35,000 and all of the art in the book has a replacement, the PDFs and book will release at the end of the kickstarter, as normal. But I will also go through the entire process of reproducing the PDF using the commissioned art once that art is completed, go through layout and premedia, order a proof, and re-issue the book and PDF through a separate DriveThruRPG.com listing which will be automatically unlocked for every person from the kickstarter. This second, special edition, will also include a PDF of all the AI Art as full page images.

At that point, you'll be able to order a hardcover copy of the special edition for only the costs of printing and shipping through DriveThruRPG.com.

If we do not hit $35,000 the pdfs and books will go out once the kickstarter ends. The Stretch Goal Art will be released as a PDF as soon as it is completed, digitally distributed through DriveThruRPG.

If we reach $35,000 and all of the art in the book has a replacement, the PDFs and book will release at the end of the kickstarter, as normal. But I will also go through the entire process of reproducing the PDF using the commissioned art once that art is completed, go through layout and premedia, order a proof, and re-issue the book and PDF through a separate DriveThruRPG.com listing which will be automatically unlocked for every person from the kickstarter. This second, special edition, will also include a PDF of all the AI Art as full page images.

At that point, you'll be able to order a hardcover copy of the special edition for only the costs of printing and shipping through DriveThruRPG.com.
I’m a little confused. Assuming the 35k goal is not reached , the stretch goal art is only available as a separate PDF? I would much prefer to wait and have it incorporated into the book. Am I misunderstanding?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases