D&D 5E 3rd Party Campaign Settings?

Eilathen

Explorer
Is there a listing somewhere of all the available Campaign Settings out for DnD 5e?

I'm mainly looking for new worlds to explore. I'm less interested in cities and smaller stuff. I want a big fat book of world lore and history to dig in 🤓

Thanks in advance for any pointers and any and all tales of well written and thought-out worlds (to be perfectly honest, it doesn't even need to be for DnD...but as DnD is the biggest brand, I thought I'd start the thread here... 🤷‍♂️).

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
There's a wiki here on ENWorld that is updated fairly regularly. It might be of some use to you.

Eilathen

Explorer
Thank you for pointing this out, it helps quite a bit.

It's not complete but i guess that's not surprising if we consider the amount of new stuff coming out all the time (especially all the KS projects for 5e).

So any of you know of/ or backed the KS for any of these 5e projects (if so, please tell me more about it) :

• Exalted Vales
  • Soulmist
  • Tanares

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
(to be perfectly honest, it doesn't even need to be for DnD...but as DnD is the biggest brand, I thought I'd start the thread here... 🤷‍♂️).

Most aren't 5e and some aren't 3rd party, but here are 250+...

So any of you know of/ or backed the KS for any of these 5e projects (if so, please tell me more about it) :

• Exalted Vales
  • Soulmist
  • Tanares
I backed Tanares but it's a long way from release yet. About a month and a half after their two million plus dollar kickstarter closed, they announced that they'd be putting the RPG component on hold while they finished the board game component. We're now nine months past the estimated fulfilment date and we only just got the first beta test material.

Yeah, bit of buyers' remorse on that one. If a small backyard kickstarter by a newbie publisher goes way overtime, I can deal. When a multimillion dollar kickstarter with some of the biggest names in the industry does the same, and clearly does so in order to prioritise customers for a product other than the one I backed, it leaves a distinctly bad taste in the mouth. Oh well. Buyer beware, lesson learned etc.

Absolutely seconded. While I think it is a better fit for 4e than 5e, it's still a well-made campaign from everything I've heard. (I try not to look too deep into it just in case I ever get the chance to play it.)

I own it for 4e, and I support patreon mostly for my 5e versions (and for bribing morrus to pay for this place).

We could not play it in 4e, but it works great in 5e too.

Absolutely seconded. While I think it is a better fit for 4e than 5e, it's still a well-made campaign from everything I've heard. (I try not to look too deep into it just in case I ever get the chance to play it.)

In LevelUp you can buy the whole setting that does not spoil too much of the actual adventure. It is set a couple of year after the adventure. It is just that when you later play the adventure, don't be confused that some lore changed in between those presentations of the setting. Everything has a reason.

Remove ads