4 limbed and two handed weapons

smetzger

Explorer
AGGEMAM said:
FWIW on the ol' boards, back in august 2001 IIRC, there was an e-mail response from the Sage on this, he basically said that a twohanded is effectively an all-hand weapon in that you cannot wield more than one regardless of the number of arms you have, and that only if you do use all your hands wield said weapon would you gain the x1½ Strength modifier. The last bit is obviously a selfevident extrapolation of the first bit.

That contradicts the MM entry for Xill which says they can use two longbows.

AGGEMAM

First Post
smetzger said:
That contradicts the MM entry for Xill which says they can use two longbows.

I know. I did write FWIW (For What It's Worth). Besides that may also be a special case with the Xill, I mean, why else write it.

mikebr99

Explorer
The special fighting rules for the Xill are really all it's got... HD 5d8+10, AC20... doesn't account for a CR of 6...

I would still rule that one of those bow shots would have some kind of penalty on it.

smetzger

Explorer
I was thinking that a four limbed monster with Multidex and Multiweapon-fighting would do best to have a large shield, a Glaive, and a shortsword. That way you have +2 AC from shield, 10 ft reach with the glaive, shortsword for those that get in close and you only take -2 to your attacks.

*:> Scott

AGGEMAM

First Post
smetzger said:
I was thinking that a four limbed monster with Multidex and Multiweapon-fighting would do best to have a large shield, a Glaive, and a shortsword. That way you have +2 AC from shield, 10 ft reach with the glaive, shortsword for those that get in close and you only take -2 to your attacks.

That is allowed, yes, since it only wields one two-handed weapon. Just remember that it only gets the x1½ Str mod, if it uses all its hands to wield that glaive.

Remove ads