4 limbed and two handed weapons

smetzger

Explorer
What would the penalties be for a 4 limbed creature with Multidexterity and Multiweapon Fighting useing two 2-handed weapons?

*:> Scott

mikebr99

Explorer
smetzger said:
What would the penalties be for a 4 limbed creature with Multidexterity and Multiweapon Fighting useing two 2-handed weapons?

*:> Scott

A lot??? Too many interconnected things getting in the way there...

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: 4 limbed and two handed weapons

mikebr99 said:
A lot??? Too many interconnected things getting in the way there...

Exactly, such as hips can only turn in one direction at a time, your own elbows, that top sword gettin' in the way of the bottom sword...yeah...that would definately be a lot. Actually, I don't think that would work. Technically, it should. But technically, it really shouldn't.

Xarlen

First Post
I don't think it's That hard to picture. Two greatswords?

Infact, I think it'd be even More devestating if you gave it two Reach weapons. Tripping and disarming from 10' feet? Ooooowwww.

smetzger

Explorer
med stud said:
Probably -2 per weapon if going by the rules.

Wouldn't it be -4 per weapon because the offhands weapon isn't a light weapon?

What about strength bonuses? They are using two appendages on each weapon so that would normally be 1.5 * Str bonus. But, you only get a total of 1.5 (or is that for two limbed creature only)?

FYI the creatures in question don't have elbows or hands.

mikebr99

Explorer
Xarlen said:
I don't think it's That hard to picture. Two greatswords?

Two-handed weapons like this are slashing/cleaving weapons... that involves a lot of vertical movements and horizontal swings. How on earth are the bottow set of arms able to a full vertical swing in?

Your 4-armed monster should stick with Scimitar or shortswords. And head for the Tempest PrC...

bensei

First Post
The whole issue depends on how the 4-armed monster looks like precisely. Is that defined somewhere? E.g. I could very well imagine a person that has two front sides, i.e. two faces on each side and two arms on each side. This person could certainly fight with two greatswords without having problems with his arms disturbing each other. And the question of off hands and muscle strength in each arm (for the 1.5 x str bonus-issue) depends on the monster itself, too.
So how does the creature look like?

Remove ads