D&D 5E Elven Accuracy vs Shadow Touched

ECMO3

Hero
Debating Elven Accuracy (Charisma) vs Shadow Touched (Cause Fear-Charisma) on my Shaddar Kai Paladin 1/Arcane Trickster 3 on level up to Rogue 4

Stats before level up - S13, I8, W8, D16, C12, CH17

She has a 17 Charisma which she would boost to 18 either way. Going forward she is going to take 1 more Paladin level and then mostly Whispers Bard until at least level 16.

She is a melee Gish type character and is the party face. Rest of party is melee Cleric, Wizard, Barbarian, Ranged Druid/Ranger.

A couple things of note specific to this game:
1. The game has a house rule that Two Weapon fighting works with a free action instead of a bonus action (so attack with a light weapon and make an attack with a light weapon in the other hand without adding your str/dex to damage and then still have a bonus action). This means if she is not using a cantrip she will be able to use steady aim for here main hand attack and then still use an offhand attack for an additional smite (or sneak attacking if the main misses and she meets the other criteria).

2. The game uses the optional flanking rule from the PHB.

3. I can't count on finding a magic light, finesse weapon .... but I will have smite, blade canrtrips, and eventually psychic blades for reliable damage.

Thoughts?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Debating Elven Accuracy (Charisma) vs Shadow Touched (Cause Fear-Charisma) on my Shaddar Kai Paladin 1/Arcane Trickster 3 on level up to Rogue 4

Stats before level up - S13, I8, W8, D16, C12, CH17

She has a 17 Charisma which she would boost to 18 either way. Going forward she is going to take 1 more Paladin level and then mostly Whispers Bard until at least level 16.

She is a melee Gish type character and is the party face. Rest of party is melee Cleric, Wizard, Barbarian, Ranged Druid/Ranger.

A couple things of note specific to this game:
1. The game has a house rule that Two Weapon fighting works with a free action instead of a bonus action (so attack with a light weapon and make an attack with a light weapon in the other hand without adding your str/dex to damage and then still have a bonus action). This means if she is not using a cantrip she will be able to use steady aim for here main hand attack and then still use an offhand attack for an additional smite (or sneak attacking if the main misses and she meets the other criteria).

2. The game uses the optional flanking rule from the PHB.

3. I can't count on finding a magic light, finesse weapon .... but I will have smite, blade canrtrips, and eventually psychic blades for reliable damage.

Thoughts?
Flanking rule + multiple melee party members on a build that prizes accuracy but isn't bumping accuracy as its main stat would make Elven Accuracy almost an auto-pick for me.

Remove ads