4e - ATL GATECH GA game.

That One Guy

First Post
Hey people on the internet. If any of you live in the Atlanta area of Georgia and are up for some 4e-style dice rolling, please respond (or if you have a game currently going and are interested in getting a player (or players)).

If this interests you, please check out the spoiler for more info/a longer ramble than I intended.

[sblock]So far I have two players that are confirmed. One is totally new to D&D, the other I've been playing w/ for a while. We have one other player who might be able to play if we can coordinate schedules properly - he also has very little experience w/ D&D, let alone 4th. The two confirmed are a defender and a striker. The possible player is interested in a controller. I'm not concerned w/ min-maxing roles, but the defender would appreciate anyone who would be up for playing a leader class. For me as a dm, story is generally more important than rules. I also have to say that in this PoL game, far eastern-reflavoured classes (ninja, samurai, shugenja, etc.) don't really mesh too well. I'm open to negotiation and want the game to be fun for all. I like to be involved with player's character creation so that way I can understand what the player wants to get out of the game and so that way I can include compelling story lines in the game for that player/character.

I favour most errata, Dragon articles, intend to purchase Adventurer's Vault&FRPG, and intend to implement a few house rules. I'm trying to iron out some things, but I'm thinking of including alternate uses for Healing Surges (like recovering daily or encounter powers midday as being a physical strain on a person or forcing a magical item to function again by forcing one's own essence into the object). Also, I have a cumulative Action Point rule in effect. If a person has 3 action points, they may use 1 AP for an extra action. They may (in that round or later in the same encounter) use 2 AP for another action. Thus, a first extra action costs 1 AP, a second costs 2 AP, a third would cost 3 AP (and the person would need 6 going in!). The idea is that this encourages players to keep going in spite of other resources getting low. I'm thinking of making house rule variations for Ritual Casting and Crafting... but I haven't decided.

The overall themes are fantasy adventure, the past influences the future, one's lineage is important, Truth, and a small amount of Lovecraftian horror overtones for Everything Evil.

I would really prefer good or unaligned characters, but if an experienced player wanted to play an evil character that wasn't chaotic stupid or was something within reason I think I'd be okay with that.

We all live around GATech and go there. We're in our early 20's. I tell myself I'm a pretty easy going guy.
[/sblock]

Please comment back if you're interested. Throw in some character race/class, role, or BG info too if inclined.

Last edited:

Remove ads