• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Campaign Setting Poll

What are you planning to do for a 4e campaign setting?

• A campaign setting published for 4e, like the new Forgotten Realms (or Eberron in 2009)

Votes: 25 15.8%
  • A published campaign setting I'll update for 4e, like Dragonlance (or Eberron before 2009)

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • The implied points of light setting

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • An existing homebrew campaign setting that I'm going to update for 4e

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • A new homebrew campaign setting that I'm creating specifically for 4e

Votes: 42 26.6%
  • I'm a player, so whatever my DM decides

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Other/Haven't Decided

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • I despise 4e and everything associated with it

Votes: 5 3.2%

A'koss

Explorer
I've got an updated version of Greyhawk in the works for 4e which I'll run until they actually get to the setting (hopefully in 2010 :D). Mix in a lil' Planescape when it comes out...

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I'll be building my own swashbuckling, pirates -n- dinosaurs style campaign. But the jury is still out on whether or not it will be a 4E campaign, a 3.5E campaign, or a Pathfinder campaign. So I voted "other."

catsclaw227

First Post
CleverNickName said:
I'll be building my own swashbuckling, pirates -n- dinosaurs style campaign. But the jury is still out on whether or not it will be a 4E campaign, a 3.5E campaign, or a Pathfinder campaign. So I voted "other."
Sounds like you need Savage Tide!

It looks like am doing a 3.x setting (non-WOTC) updated and then mixed in with POL and the initial H-series from WOTC. I can't decide whether i will use Scarred Lands, the Wilderlands from Necro, Known World from Goodman, or a general mash-up of a few 3.5 modules and setting books.

Jhaelen

First Post
IF I started playing 4E the moment it came out I'd use the default PoL setting. Since it's unlikely I'll start playing it before (late) next year (if at all), I'll either use Eberron or a Homebrew setting.

Cirex

First Post
I got two options in mind :

-Pick my 3rd edition FRCS book and adapt it to 4e myself, like, nuking everything and everyone, setting the Points of Light wherever I want and maybe bring back old heroes as villains.
-Or the serious option is continue my current Eberron campaign, and turn half Breland into a savage place, after an intern problem and the weakening* of the border with Droaam. The ruins of the city of Ardev would be a PoL, new Cyre another, Starilaskur maybe another and Castle Arakhain taken by the Emerald Claw. Sharn would be the super PoL.

*Something that it happened in my current Eberron campaign, although my players managed to somewhat fix it. Now I just got to turn against them a friendly NPC and I got a cliffhanger just to conver the campaign into 4e.

DeusExMachina

First Post
I actually had a 3.5 homebrew all set up and ready to go when I found out 4e was being made. Seeing the amount of houserules and added technology (it was kind of a pirates and airships and lots of magical technology setting) and such that I have created for it will be very hard to transfer to 4e, I simply turned back the clock in my campaign world and set my 4e campaign in the same continent, but 800 years earlier when the continent is just being explored, giving me a nice option for a PoL setting (which the 3.5e campaign was definitely not)...

Remove ads