• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E Class Survivor - Round 1

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Artificer

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Avenger

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Bard

• Cleric

• Druid

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Fighter

• Invoker

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Paladin

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Ranger

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Rogue

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Shaman

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Sorcerer

• Swordmage

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Warden

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Warlock

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Warlord

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Wizard

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Poll closed .

Glyfair

Explorer
It's that time again. Time for a new round of ENWorld Survivor.

With the release of the 4E DMG today, we now have two of each of the traditional "core books." That gives us a decent number of choices for a series of Survivor.

Since races cover a lot of the same ground as earlier editions, I decided to start with the classes. Even the traditional classes have enough changes in 4E to gather different opinions than in previous polls.

I decided to stick with classes that have been completed. That lets out the monk and psion since we only have one build. It also lets out the assassin, since we haven't gotten the paragon levels yet (besides that we really haven't had time to play with them yet).

Survivor Rules

Vote for the Class you want to vote off the list. The class getting the most votes will be removed from the list in the next round.

You can vote for any reason you want. If you want to vote off the Barbarian because it has too many "a's" in its name, go for it.

I just ask that you stay civil and try to keep edition war tone out of this. Remember that we are discussing the 4E classes here.

Last edited:

Glyfair

Explorer
And this time the poll successfully posts!

And we have a couple of favorites leading (with an admittedly small sample).

Sir Brennen

Legend
I voted Warden, because, while a cool class mechanically, it's the weakest in concept for me.

"I'm a warrior that can summon the power of dirt! Because I like dirt!"

And the warlock's in the lead already? What, did y'all forget the starlock Dragon mag goodness?

FireLance

Legend
And the warlock's in the lead already? What, did y'all forget the starlock Dragon mag goodness?
I think it's mostly because we have two arcane strikers, and many people believe the sorcerer is significantly better.

We have a couple other power source/role overlaps, i.e. artificer/bard and ranger/rogue, but the warlock/sorcerer difference seems to be the most stark.

I voted Rogue, and I am sure I will get the opportunity to vote for the Rogue for a long time yet!

Why (you may ask, although I doubt it ;)) Because the Rogue is 4Es biggest example of fail on one of the things it set out to do.... divorce non-combat/skill things from combat powers so you don't get a class that suck in combat. What we have instead is a class that is great in combat (as any other martially/melee/short range striker) but out shines most others cos he gets tons of skills. He is a left over from previous editions, half Mr Assassin McBackstabber/half skill monkey....except we shouldn't have skill monkeys any more.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads