4E Class Survivor - Round 12

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Avenger

Votes: 62 41.3%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Ranger

Votes: 35 23.3%
  • Rogue

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 17 11.3%

• Poll closed .

Dausuul

Legend
Well it seems fairly certain we're about to see the Avenger go.

Yup, don't think there's any question about that. Based on the numbers thus far, ranger seems likely to go next, but I'm not counting out the barbarian.

I'll bet sorceror versus wizard is a nail-biter, though.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Here's what I don't get - Wizards gave us all sorts of new classes to experiment with, and they've all been eliminated by unpopular vote. We're once again left with (essentially) teh Fighter (the guy what hits stuff) and teh Wizard (the guy what makes stuff blow up) - this demonstrates that, once again, D&D is all about killing things and taking their stuff. Sad, really.

Nai_Calus

First Post
I'm just disgusted that the awesome Swordmage went before the piece of crap Avenger. But I suppose HURR I HITZ THINGS HARDZ AND R LEET LONE WOLF is easier to grasp than 'I make the monsters regret existing by being clever and outside the box'.

Dice4Hire

First Post
The classic classes are popular because they are classic and fill the largest niches in Fantasy. Avengers probably have their place, but as a sub-set, and people hsould not be disdainful or wondering why the smallest niche classes go first.

Of course the cleric went early, which kind of disproves my comment, but that was preobably a leader thing, or an effect of closed voting and anonymous votes.

Glyfair

Explorer
Of course the cleric went early, which kind of disproves my comment, but that was preobably a leader thing, or an effect of closed voting and anonymous votes.
I suspect it went so soon partially because of my tongue-in-cheek comments about the leaders being voted off one-by-one. If you look at the votes, the cleric wasn't really getting many votes. It started to get a few more the round before it was voted off, but it only got a good percentage the round it actually went.

You could argue it was real leader hate, and only got the votes when the rest were voted off. I think it was more likely an issue that I brought it up in my "color commentary" and people went through the things they didn't like about the cleric and thought "why not?"

FireLance

Legend
The Avenger has sadly now left us. This hurts me deeply, you know. We shared much of the same spirit and the goal of taking down the opposition as quickly as possible, although we took very different approaches. He was always focused on one enemy, while I was better at spreading the destruction around as much as possible. Now that he gone, it's just us older chaps left. Oh my.

Remove ads