4E Class Survivor - Round 13

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Barbarian

Votes: 38 22.8%
  • Fighter

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Ranger

Votes: 59 35.3%
  • Rogue

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Wizard

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Poll closed .

Dausuul

Legend
This one was easy. Ranger, say good night.

Next one's gonna be tough, though. Barbarian, sorceror, or wizard? Hard to decide...

Goodbye, Fighter, you dull McDullerson, bastion of crappy roleplay of people with no intelligence or charisma, eternal choice of people who don't want to think or RP.

I really hope that was sarcasm.

AllisterH

First Post
Got to be ranger.

Since round 1, I've been harping on this class and it still stands true.

A ranger is the most BORING class to play and really, it has no point other than being strikey mcstabby

lud

Explorer
The Fallen

One more name added to the list...

Closest decision: Artificer vs Warlord : 2 votes (round 1)
Most decisive: Avenger vs Ranger : 33 votes (round 12)
The survivor: (Tie) Avenger, Swordmage, Warlock, Warlock : Two rounds as the runner up
Run with most votes : tie 4 and 5, 266 votes

The last of their role:
Code:
                   Last                  First
Roles            Standing     Round      To Go    Round
--------------------------------------------------------
Controller        Wizard        ?       Invoker     8
Defender          Fighter       ?        Warden     7
Leader            Cleric        5      Artificer    1
Striker             ?           ?       Warlock     6
Code:
Round   Victim     Origin  Role   Hit / Total (%)   Runner up (vote, lead) 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1     Artificer  EPG    Leader   31 / 180 (17.22%) [COLOR=Plum]Warlord [/COLOR](29, +2)
  2     Warlord    PHB1   Leader   49 / 211 (23.22%) [COLOR=Plum]Shaman [/COLOR](45, +4)
  3     Shaman     PHB2   Leader   58 / 199 (29.15%) Warlock (31, +27)
  4     Bard       PHB2   Leader   45 / 266 (16.92%) Warden (39, +6)
  5     Cleric     PHB1   Leader   54 / 266 (20.30%) [COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Plum]Warlock[/COLOR] [/COLOR](51, +3)
  6     Warlock    PHB1   Striker  45 / 220 (20.45%) [COLOR=Plum]Warden[/COLOR] (36, +9)
  7     Warden     PHB2   Defender 50 / 233 (21.46%) [COLOR=Plum]Invoker [/COLOR](40, +10)
  8     Invoker    PHB2   Control  58 / 234 (24.79%) Swordmage (34, +24)
  9     Paladin    PHB    Defender 63 / 248 (25.40%) [COLOR=Plum]Swordmage [/COLOR](52, +9)
  10    Swordmage  FRPG   Defender 50 / 207 (24.15%) Avenger (45, +5)
  11    Druid      PHB2   Control  68 / 216 (31.48%) [COLOR=Plum]Avenger [/COLOR](50, +18)
  12    Avenger    PHB2   Striker  83 / 202 (41.09%) Ranger (50, +33)

13    Ranger     PHB    Striker
  14    Barbarian  PHB2   Striker
  15    Wizard     PHB    Controller
  16    Sorcerer   PHB2   Striker
  17    Rogue      PHB    Striker
  18    Fighter    PHB    Defender
For those using magic to see the final outcome of this challenge, here are the 3 safest classes of each of the rounds until the end

Code:
Round    1st Place     2nd Place     3rd Place    Total Vote
  10    Fighter (3)    Rogue (5)     Wizard (10)      207
  11    Fighter (8)    Rogue (9)    Sorcerer (13)     216
  12    Fighter (10)   Rogue (10)   Sorcerer (18)     202
The number of votes is noted next to each of them.

Last edited:

Cadfan

First Post
Why are people voting Ranger? People keep saying that they're voting the Ranger off because he's mechanically boring- he sits in the back and fires arrows. Haven't you noticed that the Sorcerer is still around? If that's your issue, shouldn't he be a higher priority target?

Wepwawet

Explorer
Why are people voting Ranger? People keep saying that they're voting the Ranger off because he's mechanically boring- he sits in the back and fires arrows. Haven't you noticed that the Sorcerer is still around? If that's your issue, shouldn't he be a higher priority target?
At least the sorcerer makes different kinds of explosions, especially if he's a Wild Sorcerer :)

Herschel

Adventurer
Get ye gone, Ranger. You're less exciting than the first D&D movie and less fun than Marlon Wayans in ANY movie. You have less charisma than political talk show hosts to thinking people. You're only positive is you may be a better sleep aid than a heavy sominex/tequila regimen.

Well, my sorcerer would leap and jump through melee combat, use thunder leap to get out of one sticky situation and into another (you do a Matrix jump, blasting everyone near you, then fly a short distance and blast everyone near where you land), turn into lightning and sprint through people to electrocute them, and shift everyone around because of my Mark of Storm feat.

The ranger? He just stays out of reach and shoots arrows.

But me, I voted for the fighter, because I dislike how they did not smoothly integrate the fighter's combat challenge with the normal opportunity attack rules. And while otherwise he may be mechanically solid, he's got no pizazz.

(and because if I can get rid of the fighter, there's a slight chance the sorcerer might win)

Remove ads