4E Class Survivor - Round 13

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Barbarian

Votes: 38 22.8%
  • Fighter

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Ranger

Votes: 59 35.3%
  • Rogue

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Wizard

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Poll closed .

Cadfan

First Post
Well, my sorcerer would leap and jump through melee combat, use thunder leap to get out of one sticky situation and into another (you do a Matrix jump, blasting everyone near you, then fly a short distance and blast everyone near where you land), turn into lightning and sprint through people to electrocute them, and shift everyone around because of my Mark of Storm feat.

The ranger? He just stays out of reach and shoots arrows.
Are you kidding? The Ranger has at least as many mobility powers as the Sorcerer- probably many more. And more reason to use them due to Prime Shot.

The dragon sorcerer is really the only one that doesn't stand in the back and cast spells over and over.

Nai_Calus

First Post
I really hope that was sarcasm.

Nope. Never seen anyone play a Fighter or Fighter equivalent in *any* game that didn't dumpstat INT and CHA or the equivalent thereof and have a character personality less engaging than a slab of rotten meat. It has been, consistently, the bastion of people who don't want to RP or think.

Which in 3.5, the latter especially hurt, since fighters that weren't powergamed to hell sucked horrifically.

4e makes them suck less, but they're still boring concept-wise, and I'm sick of hearing about how they're the best Defender because omg damage there is nothing else in the game but damage.

Zzzzz.

Phaezen

First Post
4e makes them suck less, but they're still boring concept-wise, and I'm sick of hearing about how they're the best Defender because omg damage there is nothing else in the game but damage.

Odd that, my fighter builds tend to focus on becomming a mini black hole in the combat. Damage is for the glory hounds.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Why are people voting Ranger? People keep saying that they're voting the Ranger off because he's mechanically boring- he sits in the back and fires arrows. Haven't you noticed that the Sorcerer is still around? If that's your issue, shouldn't he be a higher priority target?
I hate V-shaped classes. :)

Greg K

Legend
I voted Barbarian. I have disliked the elmental powers and the names of several others since day one of its preview. The only reason that I have not voted the barbarian off is that it was possible to ignore or ban the elemental powers if I were going to run 4e and there were other classes that I liked less- it just took this long for them to, finally, be voted off.

Hopefully, the Barbarian goes this round so I can help vote the sorcerer off in the next. Once these two go, it will leave the remaining classes that I wouldn't mind including in a campaign.

Last edited:

Destil

Explorer
Wizard this time. They're the first controller, sure, but the lack of actual class features that make them a controller of doomed the role to a list of powers, rather than the class roll. The Invoker is about the closest to actually being a controller, while the wizard and the druid both just offer lots of controller powers and a lot of flexibility.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases